Live 95.5 Morning Show From Seattle

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Live 95.5 Morning Show From Seattle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

Did anyone see this from Radio Insight?: http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/92766/brooke-jubal-get-syndicated-to-portland/ I might as well say it first: So much for live and local!

fieldstrength
    Participant

“Learn from other people’s mistakes. You will not have time to make them all yourself.”

KBFF should ask Entercom how well it worked to blow out a local morning show to bring in a Seattle one. Within 18 months, KWJJ begged their local show to come back. Portland listeners don’t want what Seattle has. We don’t want to live in Seattle’s shadow. Portland is original and it’s radio listeners deserve live, original content.

So much for “LIVE 95.5”. They should change the name to “Out-of-town Voicetracked 95.5”.

RobP
    Participant

“Learn from other people’s mistakes. You will not have time to make them all yourself.”

KBFF should ask iHeart Media how well it worked to blow out a local morning show to bring in a Seattle one – or would that be CBS, since they owned 107.5 when Bob Rivers was brought in long before Entercom tried it. But since Brooke is known to PDX from her time with the Buckhead show, it might work better. Who knows?

paulwalker
    Participant

I totally understand the idea of being true local is best. And I commend those who do, but how often do these shows actually sound local? Really…when you listen to local PDX shows, how much material is local compared to national? Just a question.

I saw some research about two years ago that basically said radio listeners don’t really care where the content is coming from, as long as it was compelling and attracted their attention. I think this is mostly true. However, PDX is big enough where there should be enough local material to make it compelling. Who will step up?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.