List of Prominent Republicans Supporting Hillary Clinton

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things List of Prominent Republicans Supporting Hillary Clinton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

This list keeps growing. Today Laura Bush all but said outright she’ll be supporting Hillary.

Laura Bush SLAMS The GOP, Says She’d Rather Vote For Hillary Than A Republican

Bush administration officials

Henry Paulson, treasury secretary

Richard Armitage, deputy secretary of state and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — Trump “doesn’t appear to be to be a Republican, he doesn’t appear to want to learn about issues. So I’m going to vote for Mrs. Clinton.”

Brent Scowcroft, chairman of the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board and adviser to three previous GOP presidents — “The presidency requires the judgment and knowledge to make tough calls under pressure…. [Clinton] has the wisdom and experience to lead our country at this critical time.”

Alan Steinberg, regional EPA administrator

Kori Schake, National Security Council and State Department aide

Advisers to previous GOP presidents

Doug Elmets, former Reagan spokesman — “I could live with four years of Hillary Clinton before I could ever live with one day of Donald Trump as president.”

Jim Cicconi, former Reagan and George H.W. Bush aide — “Hillary Clinton is experienced, qualified and will make a fine president. The alternative, I fear, would set our nation on a very dark path.”

Foreign policy leaders

Robert Kagan, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and a co-founder of the Project for the New American Century

Max Boot, senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and adviser to GOP presidential candidates — “I’m literally losing sleep over Donald Trump. She would be vastly preferable to Trump.”

Peter Mansoor, retired Army colonel and former aide to

David Petraeus — “It will be the first Democratic presidential candidate I’ve voted for in my adult life.”

Business leaders/donors

Marc Andreessen, venture capitalist — “[Silicon] Valley wouldn’t be here, we wouldn’t be doing any of this if we didn’t have the amazing flow of immigrants that we’ve had in the last 80 years. And the idea of choking that off just makes me sick to my stomach.”

Dan Akerson, former chairman and chief executive of General Motors — “Serving as the leader of the free world requires effective leadership, sound judgment, a steady hand and, most importantly, the temperament to deal with crises large and small. Donald Trump lacks each of these characteristics.”

Chuck Robbins, chief executive of Cisco

Hamid Moghadam, chairman and chief executive of Prologis — “Our country is about tolerance and inclusion and that’s why, as a lifelong Republican supporter, I endorse Hillary Clinton for president in this election.”
    William Oberndorf, $3 million to GOP candidates since 2012 — “If it is Trump vs. Clinton, and there is no viable third-party candidate, I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.”

Mike Fernandez, $4 million to GOP candidates in recent years — “If I have a choice — and you can put it in bold — if I have a choice between Trump and Hillary Clinton, I’m choosing Hillary. She’s the lesser of two evils.”

Former Republican elected officials

Larry Pressler, former three-term Republican senator from South Dakota who lost an independent campaign for his old seat in 2014 — “I can’t believe I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton for president, but I am. If someone had told me 10 years ago I would do this, I wouldn’t have believed them.”

Arne Carlson, a former two-term Republican governor of Minnesota who supported President Obama

Robert Smith, former New York state Supreme Court justice — “This year, I’m going to vote for a Democrat for president  —  the first time I’ve done it in 36 years  —  and I think the decision is easy. Hillary Clinton is the only responsible choice, and I don’t understand why so few of my fellow conservatives see it that way.”

Political operatives

Mark Salter, former top adviser to John McCain — “Whatever Hillary Clinton’s faults, she’s not ignorant or hateful or a nut. She acts like an adult and understands the responsibilities of an American president. That might not be a ringing endorsement. But in 2016, the year of Trump’s s campaign, it’s more than enough.”

Mike Treiser, former Mitt Romney aide — “In the face of bigotry, hatred, violence, and small-mindedness, this time, I’m with her.”

Craig Snyder, former chief of staff to then-Republican former senator Arlen Specter (Pa.) and also an ex-colleague of former top Trump adviser Roger Stone and current top Trump adviser Paul Manafort.

Journalists

Ben Howe, editor at RedState.com

Clinton has won the support of several major business leaders—including Warren Buffett, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg, and media mogul Barry Diller.

Larry Pressler a moderate and former three-term senator from South Dakota, Pressler has endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. (June 14, 2016)

If you include those who have said they won’t vote for donald but have not expressly said they’ll vote for Hillary the list is quite long and includes both former President Bush guys.

paulwalker
    Participant

I’m certainly not a prominent Republican, but I have voted GOP for most of my adult life. I, too, will vote for Hillary this time. I fully expect I am not anywhere near alone in this sentiment. While the general polls show a close race, the Electoral College will likely be a blowout, if not a landslide. (But still three months+ to go, so nobody can rest on laurels.)

10 to 15 votes aren’t going to matter that much.

The more those perceived as “establishment” and “elite” that turn away from Trump, the better it is for Trump.

Nobody cares what jealous Republicans and RINOs think and they’re not going to sway any voters.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Good work Paul Walker! And yes, you are not alone.

But here’s the deal. There’s been a lot of talk about a lot of things that Trump scares people on, but here’s my number one concern:

Bond Yields. Yes, most people have no idea what that means but let me explain it in simple terms. The US as a debtor nation has been the beneficiary of low bond yields for quite a while. This means the US can sell debt at rock bottom rates of return, because of our promise to pay. Home owners are also the beneficiary because when yields are low, borrowers enjoy rock bottom rates to finance their mortgage. We all know that the housing market and the economy in general are in lock step. When one falters so does the other.

A Trump election would erode confidence in the US promise to pay on bonds. Yields would spike as a result. The immediate result is the cost for the US government to borrow money will be much more, and, mortgage rates would skyrocket, leading to a pullback in housing and another housing crash.

In a more summarized fashion, Trump’s election can fuck shit up real early and affect a majority of the voters that think he’s on their side.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Now Michael Bloomberg will endorse Hillary.

Mr. Bloomberg will vouch for Mrs. Clinton “from the perspective of a business leader and an independent,” said Howard Wolfson, a senior adviser to Mr. Bloomberg.

“As the nation’s leading independent and a pragmatic business leader, Mike has supported candidates from both sides of the aisle,” Mr. Wolfson said. “This week in Philadelphia, he will make a strong case that the clear choice in this election is Hillary Clinton.”

Mr. Bloomberg, who has been sharply critical of Mr. Trump’s views on immigration and the economy, may fortify Mrs. Clinton’s appeal to the political center.

And with the Republican nominee basing his campaign on his background as a businessman, Mr. Bloomberg, a billionaire media executive and philanthropist, may help counter the Trump sales pitch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/25/us/politics/michael-bloomberg-hillary-clinton-dnc.html

duxrule
    Participant

“The more those perceived as “establishment” and “elite” that turn away from Trump, the better it is for Trump.

Nobody cares what jealous Republicans and RINOs think and they’re not going to sway any voters.”

I find it enormously amusing as to how the GOP/RWNJ’s/HillaryHaters are casting the silver-spoon-fed Trump as “non-elite” and an “outsider,” when it would literally be impossible to TD to be anything BUT an “insider.” These people claim that Trump is a “voice of the people”; Trump is a voice for Trump. Period. It is to laugh.

Trump doesn’t make his money giving speeches for $250,000. Do you think Hillary really “earns” that because she’s such a great speaker? Or is she delivering more than a speech in exchange for the millions she receives?

So we have a handful of so-called “Republicans” who nobody really cares about who are backing Hillary while Democrats in Philly are chanting “Lock her up!”

duxrule
    Participant

He didn’t “make” ANY of his money to start with. His dad gave it to him. Show me ONE dollar that Donald Trump “earned.” Show me where he EVER actually worked even one day in his life.

radiodork
    Spectator

Nobody cares who is endorsing Hillary and I mean nobody! Oh except for a few people on Pdx radio. Hillary Clinton along with Debbie Wassernsn are such an embarrassment to this country and now with the e mail leaks they look like fraudulent hacks.

Langston
    Participant

Still awaiting the list of prominent Democrats supporting Trump.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

David Duke supports Trump. As do a host of hate group and white nationalist organizations. I’m sure it’s purely coincidental.

Trump has turned the dog whistle racism of the GOP into a loud bullhorn and brought racism and bigotry into the open. He’s mainstreamed hate under the guise of “not being politically correct”.

That’s one of the reasons you see and read the long list of GOP members running from this ignorant turd.

“Still awaiting the list of prominent Democrats supporting Trump.”

Susan Sarandon (sort of)
    Obama’s brother

What I think is more important is the potential amount of Democrats who will vote for Trump or who will at least not vote for Hillary.

We have seen hundreds, possibly thousands of Democrats chanting in Philly, “Lock her up!” There is a real rift in the Party and Sanders supporters are not happy campers.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Now in the names of all the gods at once,
    Upon what meat doth this our Caesar feed
    That he is grown so great? Age, thou art shamed!
    Rome, thou hast lost the breed of noble bloods!
    When went there by an age, since the great flood,
    But it was famed with more than with one man?
    When could they say till now, that talked of Rome,
    That her wide walks encompassed but one man?
    Now is it Rome indeed, and room enough,
    When there is in it but one only man.
    Oh, you and I have heard our fathers say,
    There was a Brutus once that would have brooked
    Th’ eternal devil to keep his state in Rome
    As easily as a king.

Who is Caesar? Hint–It is not Obama. It is not Sanders. It can’t be Clinton.

Amus
    Participant

Marcos Daniel Jiménez, ex-US Attorney appointed by President George W. Bush has quit the GOP party of hate’ over ‘bigoted demagogue’ Trump.

“I’ve thought a lot about it. God has blessed me and my family beyond our dreams,” he continued.”I’ve had the privilege and honor to see my brother work for Governor Jeb Bush, to be appointed to a Senate-confirmed office by President George W. Bush, and see my brother also appointed to a Senate-confirmed office by the same president.”

“But I have decided that I will no longer be associated in any way with a party that is led by a bigoted, dangerous demagogue and that has become a party dominated by fear, anger and hate. Republicans should make no mistake about this. You now clearly belong to the party of hate … you are supporting a strongman who believes all of that.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/ex-us-attorney-appointed-by-bush-quits-gop-party-of-hate-over-bigoted-demagogue-trump/

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

100%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.