Let's talk about frogs. (Dedicated to nosignalallnoise).

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Let's talk about frogs. (Dedicated to nosignalallnoise).

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

texter
    Spectator

I was inspired to start this thread by nosignalallnoise, since he often drops into threads expressing his disgust at political discussions, and at times attempts to change the subject with the statement, “I like frogs.”

I think for his sake he should simply ignore topics in which he has no interest. Those who are having the discussion are doing so of their own free will and his comments make him to appears to be a big party-pooper.

But maybe this thread will help him, as well as those whose discussions he’s tempted to interrupt.

It’s about frogs.

I like them too.

However, I like turtles more than I like frogs. I think they are awesome and I lament that I rarely see any here on the west coast. I remember growing up in rural Pennsylvania and from time-to-time stumbling upon a box turtle like the one below, and how delightful an experience that was. Below that one is a snapping turtle which were equally fascinating, but could be very nasty and dangerous, depending upon their size. I unintentionally caught a few of them on a hook while fishing, but more often would see them basking on a log or rock.

null

But back to frogs. I like frogs almost as much as I like turtles. Maybe they are in third place after snakes. Back in PA I saw a lot more of their cousins–toads. But it was a thrill to see a giant bullfrog hopping into the river, or even better to catch one. Many years ago I ate fried frog legs from a frog caught by brother, and they were very good as I remember.

Also, I remember times of finding frog eggs and putting them in a jar or aquarium and watching them develop and eventually tadpoles would emerge. It was fascinating seeing them go from black dots to having recognizable features, and eventually swimming around, with the further development of the tail shrinking and appendages growing, etc. Sometimes they would be a school project or something for show-and-tell.

Sadly, as a high-school student, for awhile I had to work with dead frogs–killed for the sake of us high school biology students. I don’t like dead frogs. I feel sorry for them. (Except for the one I ate).

It would be very interesting to see if anyone else here has a fondness for frogs and what they have to say about them. I think it would also be ok to discuss other amphibians and reptiles too.

Do YOU Like frogs?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Ribbet!! Ribbet!!

I like frogs. Having said that, it may seem a bit hypocritical of me to say that I once tried frog legs at one of the Asian buffets on SE 82nd Avenue, and I found them quite tasty.

I also like toy-tles. I was able to snap (pardon the pun) some photos of giant sea tortoises in Hawaii last December. These are truly magnificent animals. I will post the photos when I have the chance.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I do love frogs, and I hate internet trolls like you. Especially those that refuse to honor the rules of the very forum from which they have been banished multiple times and insist on crashing time and time again.

The clock is ticking down. You will be gone soon. Current behavior doesn’t help you due to your track record.

Ignoring my posts won’t help you either. Dan knows you’re back. He thinks you’re a Russian interferer, but we all know you’re just a right wing troll that never has been able to understand anything beyond GOP talking points. Your lies are not welcome here no matter how many frog reports you write.

Consider all your enemies here as the Jack Ass crusher and you are the jack ass. In fact anyone that would post that drumpf is anything but a narcissistic deranged criminal would have to be somewhat of a narcissist themselves. Aspergers. You’ve got it. Get help.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Is The Pope in town? 🙂

Vitalogy
    Participant

Let’s talk about the mental illness you suffer from.

I feel sorry for you.

edselehr
    Participant

Dudes, texter just wants the cool kids to like him. Don’t you remember what it was like to be in middle school? You should cut him a little slack.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I was inspired to start this thread by nosignalallnoise, since he often drops into threads expressing his disgust at political discussions, and at times attempts to change the subject with the statement, “I like frogs.”

I think for his sake he should simply ignore topics in which he has no interest. Those who are having the discussion are doing so of their own free will and his comments make him to appears to be a big party-pooper.

But maybe this thread will help him, as well as those whose discussions he’s tempted to interrupt.

Look asswipe, I don’t need your “help” with anything. You’re also the last one qualified to “help” anybody “tempted to interrupt” anything. As many times you’ve been booted over the years you have absolutely NO place calling other people out and coaching them on what you think somehow constitutes discourse.

“Party pooper”? That’s a weak shot, even for you. First, since it obviously taxes your limited intellect, the point of my commentary is to defuse the ridiculous arguments that erupt between mising_kskd and vitalogy whenever the former starts in. They’re like a couple little preschoolers fighting in a playground sometimes. Second, you’re obviously not from around here if you don’t understand the “I like frogs” comment.

You are such a fucking hypocrite that I am at a loss of further words to accurately describe you. Now please go jump off a building before you accidentally knock some poor chick up and fill the planet with your brain-dead spawn.

The rest of your post is just your usual pointless airhead babble to fill up space and make it look like you have something worthwile to say, and doesn’t even warrant a response.

missing_kskd
    Participant

my commentary is to defuse the ridiculous arguments that erupt between mising_kskd and vitalogy whenever the former starts in.

Unfortunately, I remain unconvinced the discussions are ridiculous. Pointed? Painful? Annoying? Tiresome?

Yup.

However, they are also often:

Fun! Useful. “Good Radio” as our friend Paul wrote here recently.

Over the years, I have owned my shit, apologizing where / when needed. Sometimes doing that took a kick in the ass from someone else. (Chris comes to mind, Paul does too) That’s fine. We are here for one another like that. Or have been often enough.

To keep from blowing the place and or people up, I do pace it. Check in, so to speak. This is the oldest venue I participate in. Goes almost all the way back in my online history, and despite differences, I trust and know most people here well.

That doesn’t require getting along.

Nothing said here indicates or requires an apology, in my view. A trip through the archives will show much, much worse. In fact, that is why I asked Vitalogy to at least try. (He’s got way better to bring to the table)

I could potentially be impacted by some of what has been said. I’m not, because through the years, I gained something from everyone here. Early on, some extremely high value conversations were had, and I appreciate that.

Some more, equally high value ones should happen. Maybe that nut can be cracked. We shall see.

And…

“I like frogs”

One of us did that a long time ago. I remember it happening, and it was awesome. Sure wish I could remember who. Doesn’t matter.

Since that time, I have employed that little toy to great effect online here and there. It’s a lot of fun. Can get people to think, and that’s good.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Dude. Your Berniecrat threads? You guys go at each other’s throats like my parents were in the months before their divorce! Only thing I thankfully haven’t seen yet is one of you two going off on a drunken rampage with a steak knife in hand and the other taking an aluminium Tefal pan to the back of your (general “you”) cranium to shut you up.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Well, on a future reading, go tally up who goes at what throat. Count ’em up. I’ll wait.

edselehr
    Participant

One of us did that a long time ago. I remember it happening, and it was awesome. Sure wish I could remember who.

Um…
    Andy Richter Raise Hand GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I think that Skeptical was the first to use the phrase “I like frogs” to indicate when he believed points brought up in discussions to be irrelevant or when he believed that entire threads had been started specifically to serve as partisan smokescreens.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.