Laura Ingraham's F-Bomb

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dan Clark
    Participant

She thought tech difficulties knocked her off the syndicated feed to her 300+ stations on Fri., 4/15/16. But no.

Laura barked at producers to air a “best-of”, dropped an f-bomb, and otherwise scrambled to fix what she thinks is dead air.

Did anyone catch this on Freedom 970 KUFO-AM Friday morning?

If not, hear the awkward 2 1/2 minutes: http://gawker.com/listen-to-conservative-radio-host-laura-ingrahams-on-ai-1771279959

spud
    Participant

That is gonna hurt “financially”. I don’t think the FCC is gonna let it fly. But her as a host, very unprofessional. One thing that every radio host must practice is “ALWAYS ASSUME THE MIC IS ON”

tombrooks
    Participant

A true radio pro would have NEVER done this..(Heard the replay on Facebook) .I can’t believe she had no common sense here.. It will be interesting the reaction of affiliates… Hearing the F-Bomb kind of wrecks her lilly white image…The other thing she sure doesn’t treat her staff very well..not at all!

Andy Brown
    Participant

No one should be the least bit surprised. Amused, perhaps, but not surprised. “We’ll do it live!”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

I remember listening to Sally Jesse Raphael was on KXL and heard a caller drop the F-Bomb about 20 years ago.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

A caller once dropped the F-bomb on Unraveling the New World Order on KKPZ. On that particular episode, the hosts had been going on about how terrible it was that a court had ruled against a Ten Commandments display in front of a courthouse. The caller blurted out something like, “You’re a fucking fascist!”

darth talon
    Participant

Well it reminds me a few years ago with Chris Berman. Here is the catchphrase loudmouth yelling and cussing at his producers, the camera men, and the people in the control room. And yes while he was doing this. The show was in commercial break so viewers weren’t seeing his temper tantrum. But one of the cameras was recording it all.

A few weeks later that footage of Chris Berman was uploaded to YouTube for the world to see. How did that footage get on YouTube? It had to be one of the people that worked for Chris Berman.

Anyone else remember Casey Kasem dropping “F” bomb after “F” bomb when someone wanted him to dedicate a song to a family for their dead dog? Talk about a meltdown.

paulwalker
    Participant
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

The Casey Kasem F-Bombs Never Hit The Airwaves. These were out takes that were suppose to be destroyed by the engineer.

paulwalker
    Participant

But apparently were not.

lastday
    Participant

KRVM’s 2014 Labor Day themed music show included “Working Class Hero” by John Lennon. I figured oh surely the host has a sanitized version or a bleep button. But no, the first big f-bomb went out. The host clearly wasn’t expecting it, briefly dropped the fader for a couple seconds, then decided to keep going and brought the fader back up. After the second f-bomb he cut it off early with the comment “Sorry, that’s not radio friendly” and pushed on.

I’ve heard f-bomb-laced tracks played on the Soul City show including today.

Last week during Breakfast With The Blues some song extolled the act of pleasuring your woman with your tongue. That track also ended early without comment.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

During the 2008 election season, KGO had a board op who wasn’t too much into his job and talk show host Karel (who did his show from a remote studio) wasn’t too much into Joe the Plumber. The board op left the fader for Karel’s studio up during an ABC news break. When a story about Joe the Plumber aired, Karel made some remarks that included the F-bomb. The board op was fired, and the Karel show was off the air for quite some time.

washnotore
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.