La Zeta 1390 Salem, OR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jay_zie
    Participant

I am not hearing La Zeta on 97.5 K248CD in Salem. NO audio feed on that channel, yet their liners do mention La Zeta 97.5 & 1390

Broadway
    Participant

Been off for weeks…I’d buy the translator for $30K (what Bustos GSM paid for it) if no one is using it!

W7PAT
    Participant

KBZY should buy it.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Is K248CD off the air, or are they transmitting an unmodulated carrier? In Hillsboro, I receive a fairly strong signal from K248BS on 97.5, so I have no way of knowing whether the Salem 97.5 is on the air or not.

W7PAT
    Participant

When I came through Salem a couple of weeks ago from my trip to Central Oregon, there was just a dead carrier on 97.5 going through Salem, so It’s been at least a couple of weeks that way.

Broadway
    Participant

Ok Bustos GSM EDWARD C. DISTELL…owner of K248CD throwing just a carrier for months now…what’s going on???

Broadway
    Participant

Got a hold of Edward yesterday via phone…said he is having consultant/engineering look into interference from the co-channel K248BS which is airing AIR 1. Don’t know why he would stop audio to the site because of that.

jay_zie
    Participant

1390 is no longer La Z. It is now La Comadre

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yeah Yeah. I know. Salem. 1390. What happened to them anyway? Is it still local? Or just a translator from somewhere else? Jeez, how radio has fallen. No offense, mind you. But my gut tells me this station isn’t exactly Salem anymore. Is KBZY & KYKN the only viable stations left in Salem? If true, so sad.

yahmit
    Participant

Yep.

KBZY and KYKN are it. There is the old KCCS at 1220 that has a religious format and still has a office up on Lancaster Dr. No other local commercial stations in Salem. This is a local FM, KMUZ, which has a whopping 38 watts of power.

It is sad that a metro area of over 200,000 people (Salem/Keizer) has to live in the shadow of out of town stations and no strong stations to call their own.

Andy Brown
    Participant

There are three CP’s for LPFMs in Salem.

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?call=&arn=&state=OR&city=Salem&freq=0.0&fre2=107.9&serv=FL&vac=&facid=&asrn=&class=&list=1&NextTab=Results+to+Next+Page%2FTab&dist=&dlat2=&mlat2=&slat2=&NS=N&dlon2=&mlon2=&slon2=&EW=W&size=9

There can’t be a “strong station” in Salem because it is just too close to all the PDX signals. Salem is within or on the edge of all the PDX 60 dBu contours. The money folks have moved everything to Portland that once served the fringe areas.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

“La Comadre” appears to be branding that is currently being used by contemporary music stations in Mexico. The sound that I would have expected would be Spanish pop, similar to the old “Romance 1150” or “Magia 1150.” However, when I checked 1390 this morning, the music I heard playing didn’t sound that different from what “La Zeta” would have played.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I listened to 1390 a bit more this afternoon. I heard one song that I recognized as having been a hit in 1995. I also heard a few Christmas songs.

When I tried listening at home, on a radio with wider bandwidth than my car radio, I noted that the sound seemed a bit more crisp and artifact-free than what “La Zeta” used to broadcast. I wonder whether “La Comadre” is being run from an automation computer at the transmitter site and whether this could be a “placeholder” for another format.

jay_zie
    Participant

I agree with you, I too believe La Comadre is just a place holder for the moment. My suspicion is that La GranD 95.1 will become La Zeta and La Comadre 1390 along with the translator will be switched to La GranD

Broadway
    Participant

>>La Comadre is just a place holder for the moment
    Wasn’t 1390AM “just given” or sold for a tax write off to Bustos from Entercom and now their just playing around with it…???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.