La Grande no longer on 1520!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am now hearing Russian music on 1520. 93.5 still has a Regional Mexican format.

semoochie
    Participant

For a minute, I thought KLBM had moved and I missed it! What are they doing with 1130/1150?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

We’ll find out in the morning.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

La Grande has moved to 1150 kHz, though the on-air IDs now seem to exclusively mention the FM frequency. 1130 and 1520 carry the same programming.

Broadway
    Participant

those religious Russians—

semoochie
    Participant

I didn’t think it was religious but I have the perfect call letters: KOSK or KSAK 🙂

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I recall reading on this forum that the programming on 1130/1520 is religious in nature. However, since I do not speak Russian, I have no clue about its denominational leanings.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Alfredo: Can you find out when this change happened date wise?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I first heard the Russian music on Feb. 5, and my estimate is that the change had happened less than one week before that. Unfortunately, Bustos is not doing a good job of keeping its Website up-to-date. As I write this http://www.bustosmedia.com/category/stations says that 1520 is La GranD.

ADD: Are there any Russian speakers in the house? PDXRR’s calendar now mentions the 1520 frequency ( http://www.pdxrr.com/?page_id=4 )

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

I don’t know Russian myself, but my wife knows a bit, I will have to get her to do a bit of translation of that schedule for me. There is one name that was familiar to me, a church my wife used to be involved with, the name (roughly translated into English) is Sulamita Church.

This station seems to be the result of a group of Russian Evangelical churches that have gone in on this endeavour, not sure what their particular doctrinal views are. They probably range from what would be called “Reform” Christian doctrine all the way to somewhat “Charismatic or Pentecostal.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Kent Randles reports:

Feb 4, 2015 KGDD 1520 kHz, Oregon City, changed their call letters to KXET and changed format to Russian Christian.

Feb 5, 2015 KXET 1150 kHz changed their call letters to KGDD & changed their format to regional Mexican as “La Gran D.”

Feb 12, 2015 KXET 1520 kilohertz, Oregon City changed their call letters to KQRR & continued Russian Christian format.

Feb 12, 2015 KQRR 1130 kilohertz, Mount Angel changed their call letters to KXET. Continued Russian religious radio.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.