KYKN GM/Owner Passing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

Mike Frith long time owner/GM of KYKN Salem passed away last night from covid after an almost 2 week hospital stay after just getting his first vaccination shot. knew he was being hospitalized last weekend…also other staff have been infected one in the hospital.
    Worked for Mike/KYKN twice…in 2003-2004 and 2011-2012.
    According to his faith and his Creator of all things God he is in glory/heaven now with his wife who passed before him.
    Hate this bug…

yahmit
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this news. Mike was a great person! I worked for him in the early 90’s when we took KYKN from country to news/talk. Rest in peace Mike and enjoy your reunion with Pat.

theedger
    Participant

Sad to hear. Hope he wasn’t victim of listening to the content of his station. Lots of anti-vaccine/mask programming.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. Any idea how old he was? Quite a few have died from COVID after the first shot, but it takes 2 weeks to be effective. I’m 72 and have both. It has been 4 weeks since my last one. But this has really killed a lot of people. At least it is on decline…

Broadway
    Participant
    Shirley Knott
    Participant

Thanks for the link, Broadway. Very interesting.

Broadway
    Participant

Going to have a 2 hour live tribute today at noon for Mike Frith on 1430 AM Salem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.