KXPD 1040 sells

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

Here’s the blurb from Radio-Online: Riverside Broadcasting Sells KXPD-AM Portland OR for $200K
    RADIO ONLINE | Monday, December 23, 2019

Kozacko Media Services

Riverside Broadcasting has agreed to sell 2.2kW KXPD-AM (1040)/Tigard, OR (serving Portland, OR) to PIN Investments LLC of Portland for $200,000. The seller’s principal is President James Su, and the station has been providing Chinese music programming. Irina Baranova is the Managing Partner of Pin Investments LLC and the station will change its programming to serving the Russian community in the Portland market.

Kozacko Media Services brokered the deal for both parties.

Advertisement

chessyduck
    Participant

This makes sense from a heritage lanugage perspective. A recently published by-state map of third languages shows Russian as Oregon’s third kanguage after English and Spanish. For Washington sate it is Vietnamese and California we have Tagalog (Filipino),, Russian-language radio first was heard in the Willamette Valley many years ago, Sundays afternoons on then-KWRC in Woodburn. Those broadcasts were targeting the Old Believers of Gervais…

Given the sales price for 1040AM I bet Salem will have to deeply discount their price for 1640 AM, currently asking $750K.

Clinton
    Participant

Sounds like the Russian programming has begun. Can’t say much else about the programming, since I don’t speak or understand Russian, except that there’s a lot more talk, and a lot less music than the previous Chinese language programming.

KXRU-ED
    Participant

It’s simulcasting KXET.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I tuned in this morning around 9:00 AM, and the format that I heard was the dreaded unmodulated carrier.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

Alfredo, could it have been a new morning drive show featuring Marcel Marceau?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yes, it was either the Marcel Marceau Morning Show, or it was “4:33” by John Cage stuck on repeat. 🙂

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Around 12:30 PM today, I noted a carrier only on 1040 kHz and that 1130 was off the air. Shortly after 1:00 PM, 1130 was on the air, but no modulation was heard on 1040.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yesterday, after sunset, I noted Russian language programming on 1040 kHz. This morning, I noted that the programming on 1040 is the same as that on 1130 but with a few seconds’ delay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.