KXET 1130 now "La Grande" simulcast

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KXET 1130 now "La Grande" simulcast

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

On Sunday afternoon, I noted that KXET 1130 is running the same programming as KGDD 1150. The IDs currently reference only 1150 and 93.5. I am not sure when the change occurred.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

Now that the Russian programming is on 1520, there is no need for the simulcast, Bustos is probably using 1130 to get better coverage in the Valley (especially in the McMinnville area, where 93.5’s coverage is non-existent…hmmm…maybe I have a small part in that… 🙂 ) 1130 booms into Yamhill County in the daytime.

This is also a much better deal for the Russian programming, since most of the Russians in the area live within the day and night service contours of 1520. 1130 left a lot to be desired in the Portland area at night, since it had to lower power and null towards CKWX Vancouver BC.

My wife (being a minister to the Russian community and a missionary to Russia in the past) and I have enjoyed some of the music on the station, although she has had to translate some for me! (Nyet is the only word I know…)

Alfredo_T
    Participant

When I heard La Grande on 1130, I thought this was a smart move, and that it might make the La Grande format more competitive with La Pantera and La Campeona. However, I wonder whether Bustos now might plan to simulcast KZZR (94.3) on 1150. Having La Grande on both 1130 and 1150 seems a bit redundant.

mwdxer1
    Participant

What are the 1520 calls now?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

1520 is now KQRR.

Less than an hour ago, I noted that 1130 is Russian again, and 1150 is dead air.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Later on, around 6:00 PM, I checked again, and La Grande was back on 1150.

It’s too bad that they didn’t just move the La Grande simulcast to 1130; that seemed like a really great idea.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I noted on Tuesday afternoon that 1130 is running a Russian program that is different from that on 1010 or 1520. The program appeared to be live, with the board operator goofing up repeatedly. First, I heard dead air, followed by a loud music bed with the announcer popping up in the background. After a while, the announcer was at a more intelligible level, but that did not last for long.

W7PAT
    Participant

Does anyone know what is going on with 1520 KQRR? I can barely hear it it Aloha anymore.

jr_tech
    Participant

Plenty of signal in Hillsboro (about 40 over S-9 on the tiny meter under the Dx cat’s right paw) but modulation level is quite low and fades out once in a while… odd!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I think that I just heard an ID for “Slavic Family Radio” on 1130. I am also detecting a C-QUAM pilot tone, although there is no audible separation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.