KWLZ West Linn To 3 HORIZONS, LLC,

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KWLZ West Linn To 3 HORIZONS, LLC,

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

They are back playing Reeling In The Years by Steely Dan. All is good!

Kent.Randles
    Participant

KWLZ does not have a backup antenna at Stonehenge. The other morning work was being done on the transmission line to the main combined antenna and everyone on it had to be off of it.

The outside work can’t really be done at night so they will be SOL during the day at some point.

semoochie
    Participant

KWLZ must be for sale. I don’t see how they can go on like this. They went on in September and I have yet to hear a commercial! Even Tailgate Country has sponsors and they actually promote “no commercials”!

Dxer1969
    Participant

I am glad they are still on. They have Gail Cunningham as a traffic reporter at least. Loosen up dude, you are way too fucking serious about shit.

semoochie
    Participant

Me, serious? I was just hoping for a response and it looks like I got one. 🙂

Dxer1969
    Participant

Glad you responded. Actually, I always wanted a response from you. No matter how trivial! Thanx.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Even Tailgate Country has sponsors and they actually promote “no commercials”!

The concept of “truth in advertising” is a total joke, unfortunately! This is just like those adult hits stations (¢harlie, Jack, Bob, etc.) that market themselves as “rebels” who break radio programming rules with impunity, yet their formats are based around heavily tested recurrent songs.

I wish that we could have truth in advertising just as they did in the good old 1950s. Wait! In that era, Kent advertised that its filtered cigarettes provided a level of “health protection” favored by people in science, academia, and professional sports. About a third of the filter media in Kent’s Micronite filters of that era turned out to be crocidolite asbestos.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

3 Horizons wants to roll thru a book or two and earn ratings better than an asterisk. There is little domestic ownership interest and asking prices are high. There is little 3 Horizons interest and KWLZ is essentially a boring robot which offers little for whatever audience it has and its community of license. Abacast internet simulcast has been down for awhile.
    Shame. 96.3 MHZ has a great stereo signal along the I-5 corridor. Perhaps an LMA with Dolphin Radio would be appropriate.

Dxer1969
    Participant

KWLZ. At least I can listen to them without being annoyed. I think they sound good and play decent enough music.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

A Quick Poll.
    Listening to KWLZ and KLTH simultaneously via the web while doing homework. Both are tagging the same audience. Both have plus’ and minus’. Being broadcast radio veterans and enthusiasts … which do forum members prefer and why?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Neither.

tombrooks
    Participant

KWLZ would be my choice, they have a good strong signal.

BUT I would really rather hear the oldies on KISN-LP FM 95.1 50’s, 60’s & 70’s 24 hours a day..songs corporate radio would never play…(OK a little plug never hurts…haha)

And for you Andy…how about KMJK in the mid 80’s music ?…

Cheers!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Sunny 1550 KKOV My old All-American Five clock radio can pick this station up. That’s what played when I got out of bed this morning.

Andy Brown
    Participant
    W7PAT
    Participant

Musically, I’d say KWLZ. They are playing more songs from the 60’s you’d never hear on KLTH. The only advantage to KLTH is signal strength, more frequent traffic reports, and news headlines during drive time. Other than that, KWLZ is the winner.
    KQRZ/KISN has some great songs sometimes, but I’m not a big fan of 50’s and early 60’s Rock.
    KKOV is a great station, a lot of music my parents listened to while I was growing up. Just a shame it isn’t on FM.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.