KWLZ West Linn To 3 HORIZONS, LLC,

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KWLZ West Linn To 3 HORIZONS, LLC,

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Radiodjm
    Participant

Keith Shipman has been named new President of Washington State Broadcaster’s Association.

DarkStar
    Participant

Did anyone else notice that the address for KWLZ is 3355 NE Cornell Road, Hillsboro, OR 97124? The same as AM-1360 KUIK…

Coincidence?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Somebody previously mentioned that KWLZ is sharing studio facilities with KUIK. However, no KWLZ signs have yet gone up in front of the building.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Local presence near City of License. If you should have a compliment or complaint, call Dolphin Radio and they will cheerfully forward the message to Bend. No word on a LMA.

Waynes World
    Participant

I would love to see a repeater of KISN since the format is the same. or else a soft classic rock format

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I like the variety heard on 95.1/100.7, as well as the night programming on 1450. HOWEVER, this type of programming does not mesh with contemporary programming strategies in commercial oldies and adult hits formats. The strategy I am referring to is the one wherein it is expected that a listener will hear a familiar song at any time that he or she tunes in the station. Often, slogans such as “Where you can sing along to every song” are used to imply this focus on familiarity.

The only way that 96.3 would run a format as adventuresome as those heard on 95.1, 100.7, or 1450 is if the format were being broadcast as a placeholder*, with the ultimate strategy being to sell the station. The fact that KWLZ has invested in professional station IDs and jingles shows that this is not the case here.

* In the mid 1990s, Class-A WZNE 94.1 signed on in Rochester, NY, with an all-instrumental oldies format. The format was minimally executed, consisting of what sounded like a multi-disc CD changer containing a CD-R of station IDs along with the music CDs. The station sold to Infinity Broadcasting, which flipped the format to modern AC. (The format was slightly different from competing modern rock WNVE.)

cbaravelli
    Spectator

2,500 songs in a row should have ended two weeks ago. If anyone hears a real honest to goodness commercial, please post.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Hey! They ain’t bad! Just not live is all. Like Craig and G Michael McKay on KISN in Saturdays! Now, at least they sort of sound live. Well kinda sorta.

semoochie
    Participant

I heard a traffic report and a plea to support their advertisers.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Well, at least that is a start. But think of this. If KLWZ did have at least 1 live person on the air. How good that would sound. And it does make me wonder? How could quite few stations in the 70’s be staffed 24/7? Stock market sucked. And these were AM stations. And yet,24/7 was how it was. Andy said 1996 sucked for radio. I think it changed for the worse in 1990 to 1992. 1996 was the final nail in the coffin!

cbaravelli
    Spectator

3.4 minutes (3:24) per song median is 17.65 songs per hour or 423.53 songs per day. 100 days as of noon 9 December. To quote Drake – Chenault,”The Hits Just Keep On Comin'”.
    Commercials, PSAs, new IDs and promo inserts …something else than the 3,000 song library and weekday traffic reports. It’s like listening to “Warm Bodies”. Don’t know whether to follow this love story or repel in disgust and horror.

tombrooks
    Participant

To Dxer1969…:Hey! They ain’t bad! Just not live is all. Like Craig and G Michael McKay on KISN in Saturdays! Now, at least they sort of sound live. Well kinda sorta.

— We do our best to try and sound live.. don’t forget my buddy Steve Lloyd 7-12mid…(He put on a great show for Halloween night too by the way)..For a 2 watt LP Station..great signal over most of NE Portland……. It is fun to do..for an “upper demo” like me at 61…Thanks for listening and Keep on KISN..!

(Sorry I know this is a cheap plug..but couldn’t resist)…

Dxer1969
    Participant

Hey, Tom! Glad ya posted! Listened to you too ya know. Back when KYTE was the bomb! And now you a part of the KISN team! Awesome. As for Steve, listened to him on KGW in the afternoons. Yeah, he always put on a good show! A true talent!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ cbaravelli. Interesting facts there. Always wondered about that. Thank you for taking the time!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I checked 96.3 in the wee hours today, and they were off the air. Are there technical problems?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.