KWEE 96.3: The ball is now in your court.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KWEE 96.3: The ball is now in your court.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

I suddenly realized that KZEL Eugene’s construction permit to maintain its Class C status expired last May. Do you suppose that KWEE will try to regain its other 0.2KW?

Andy Brown
    Participant

I don’t think they can because KZEL, currently at C0, is not the entire issue. It’s the FA (frequency allotment) which KZEL occupies. Frequency allotments must be protected. I’m thinking that is why KWEE doesn’t file to increase ERP. If you look at the results at http://bit.ly/2mHymuX you can see that although KZEL’s license is C0, the FA is full class C.

semoochie
    Participant

Yes, it’s a Class C until someone files on or near the frequency, causing the affected party to increase the facilities to the Class minimum or be downgraded after three years, all of which was done seven years ago and again four years ago. Presumably, if KWEE were to file again, KZEL would again file for the Class minimum that they have no intention of building and on and on, it would go infinitum.

semoochie
    Participant

In a slightly different direction, I was wondering about something else: How serious do you suppose Alpha is about We? Will they swap frequencies with KXL? That’s about the only one of their stations that seems vulnerable. Of course, I suppose they would have to actually purchase the station first!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.