KUNP 47.2 MundoMax

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

MundoMax Spanish Network has increasingly uncertain future

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/mundomax-increasingly-uncertain-future/

MundoMax can be seen on KUNP 47.2 in Portland. Sinclair say’s network staying put for now.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Comcast carries KUNP’s MundoMax service on Ch. 316.

washnotore
    Participant

Look like The Spanish Network MundoMax. Maybe gone by the end of the year.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/mundomax-gone-soon/

So what’s next for KUNP 47.2 channel. Possibly Univison’s sister network Unimas or LATV.

washnotore
    Participant

Mundomax will be history by November 30. So what replacement programing will be on KUNP 47-2 ??

MundoMax network shuts down; will go off the air November 30

Jbpdx
    Participant

My guess would be UniMas.

msndrspdx
    Participant

UniMas might be a good guess. Many Univision stations carry it as a digital sub channel, so for KUNP, that would make sense. There are a few markets where UniMas airs on a separate station – LA and San Diego jump to mind. UniMas currently runs on Comcast Ch. 631, so if KUNP replaces MundoMax with UniMas, Comcast would have some decisions to make.

Most of the MundoMax stations are standalone services, and many are LPTVs. Two Arizona outlets, according to RabbitEars, are planning to flip to America TeVe after MM closes on Wednesday night. Be interesting to monitor KUNP 47.2 that night to see how they handle the change, and when they do it. And what do they follow it with?

Pretty amazing that MM doesn’t make it to the end of the year. It’ll be interesting what all the former MM stations do at 11pm or midnight Wednesday.

Jbpdx
    Participant

It will probably be dead for a while. I doubt they could get everything agreed to on such short notice.

msndrspdx
    Participant

RabbitEars lists 36 stations on the MundoMax network. Some have, or will, move to Eastrella TV. Stations in Phoenix and Kingnan, AZ, will move to America TeVe. It’s unknown about what the others will do come tomorrow night. Nonetheless, for the record, according to RabbitEars, here are the stations listed, as of today, who are carrying MM to the finish line:

KUNP Portland (and sister in LaGrande)
    KWHY Los Angeles, CA
    KUVM-CD Mo. City/Houston,TX
    WTBS-LD, Atlanta,GA (no longer owned by Turner)
    KSAO-LD, Sacramento, CA
    KUNS, Bellevue/Seattle,WA (KUNP’s sister)
    WSPF-CD, Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL
    W21AU, Orlando, FL (LPTV)
    KBTU-LD, Salt Lake City, UT
    KYVV, Del Rio, TX
    KSMO, Kansas City MO/KS
    WBWP-LD, West Palm Beach, FL
    KMCC, Laughlin, NV
    KXOK-LD, Enid/OK City, OK
    KOHC-CD, OK City, OK
    WUPL Slidell/New Orleans, LA
    KYNM-CD, Albuquerque, NM
    KXTU-LD, Colorado Springs, CO
    KCEB, Tyler/Longview, TX
    KFDF-CD, Ft. Smith, AR
    KCEN, Waco/Temple, TX
    KMBY-LD, Monterey, CA
    KCBT-LD, Bakersfield, CA
    KSBT-LD, Santa Barbara, CA
    KZAK-LD, Boise, ID
    KRMF-LD, Reno, NV
    KUIL-LD, Beaumont, TX
    KIII, Corpus Christi, TX
    KMDF-LD, Odessa/Midland, TX
    KDKW-LD, Lubbock, TX
    KMCW-LP, Medford, OR
    KAWT-LP, Abilene, TX
    KYPK-LD, Yakima, WA
    KBIT-LD, Chico, CA
    KAGS-LD, Bryan, TX
    KJBA-LD, San Angelo, TX

msndrspdx
    Participant

Antenna TV Facebook page reports that KYNM Albuquerque, NM, has flipped from MundoMax to Antenna TV, reported to be running there on 21.1. This the first such announcement I’ve seen. I imagine there will be others tonight and tomorrow. Will monitor KUNP to see what they do later tonight.

yahmit
    Participant

Bummer, I can’t get KNUP were I live is West Salem. I think I am shadowed by the Chehalem Mountains.

washnotore
    Participant

MundoMax is now off the air in Portland. KUNP-LD 47.2 along with Comcast 313. Is currently showing ID placard. Well see how long this stays up.

msndrspdx
    Participant

KUNP waited until the closing credits of a telenovela ran on the air. Then they went to a KUNP 47.2 ID, followed by several seconds of a black screen before fading up to the ID slide. I think KUNP stepped out before the network did. No voice over, no announcement of any kind, not even a “muy buenas noches” sign off. I checked the MundoMax website earlier tonight. No announcement of the closedown there, but the “Horario” (schedule) page of the site had no data entered there. The display was blank. The ID slide currently on air still shows the MM logo on it. Maybe they’ll plug into their new program service in the morning. Has anybody checked the KUNP site?

msndrspdx
    Participant

Forgot to mention that the MundoMax website mentioned its Facebook page, which had some 300,000 followers. They also had a Twitter page.

msndrspdx
    Participant

The slide is still there this mirning. No audio, by the way.

washnotore
    Participant

After the shutdown of MundoMax on December 1st.

Most other stations are either airing Estella or Azteca Spanish networks. A few others are broadcasting SonLife channel. Or some digitnet programming where longing for here locally.

As for MundoMax flagship station in LA. KWHY TV 22.1 goes back to a Spanish independent format airing classic movies in Spanish.

Meanwhile Portland and Seattle are getting the silent treatment. With no replacement programming in sight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.