KUIK 1360 Hillsboro sold

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

warner
    Participant

cbaravelli
    Participant

Not on CDBS … yet.
    Unusual for station employees to be told before license transfer is granted.
    McCoun is a class act.
    From the comments sidebar:
    “Any time a right wing radio station shuts down another angel gets their wings.” – Nobigot
    True Portlandia.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  cbaravelli. Reason: comment

Alfredo_T
    Participant

It appears that an Oregonlive moderator deleted Nobigot’s comment.

KUIK was one of a very small number of radio stations with a locally produced morning newscast. Once Westside Report goes off the air, KXL and KPAM will be the only stations airing a locally produced morning newscast.

Gabe
    Participant

I hope it’s a music format… maybe “real” oldies/nostalgia, or classic country. Sunny 1550, and 1480, are hard to receive clearly indoors in Western Washington County, which leaves a void for AM music in that area. I’ve got my Sangean and my Super Radio III ready to go if they launch a music format (I live in Banks)!

streamingmedia
    Participant

Gabe I also live in Banks. I would like to talk to you about this privately. Email me westsidemobilemedia@gmail.com

streamingmedia
    Participant

Going to try to cover as many Westside high school games as possible online

W7PAT
    Participant

Being in Hillsboro, it will probably be a Hispanic station.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am partly inclined to say that the time for a Spanish language AM station in Hillsboro has passed. However, I wonder whether the group that purchased time on KUIK for the weekend Spanish programming has bought the station.

streamingmedia
    Participant

It will not be Spanish

W7PAT
    Participant

This could be a ploy, like when a station advertises a change then when the “change” happens, it’s the same format with the word “new” in front of the slogan.

streamingmedia
    Participant

Will not be the same format

W7PAT
    Participant

ESPN Hillsboro

streamingmedia
    Participant

👎

stevewa
    Participant

In addition to the local content, there are still several members of the broadcasting fraternity in this market who passed through KUIK in one or another of its incarnations.

DarkStar
    Participant

…and several members here! 👍

In addition to the local content, there are still several members of the broadcasting fraternity in this market who passed through KUIK in one or another of its incarnations.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.