KSKD for Sanders

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

If You’re Liberal and You Think Hillary Clinton Is Corrupt and Untrustworthy, You’re Rewarding 25 Years of GOP Smears.

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/hillary-gop-smears/

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yes.

But you must understand, this 30 percent or so “Bernie or Bust” people, which represent some non trivial fraction of Democrats as well as Independents, simply won’t have it.

The conversations I have had…

Most of them don’t care. And here’s the thing: They don’t have much, and their future is bleak. They don’t have much to lose.

They see it in very simple terms:

1. Illusion of choice = Clinton
    2. Meaningful choice = Sanders
    3. Fuck you = Trump (mostly Independents)
    4. Stay home = Nobody (mostly Democrats)

And the way they also see it, having not much to lose, is everyone else does!

They could care less.

Why?

Because they got shit on, that’s why.

After all the conversations I’ve had, and you all know how I can be when I want to be persuasive, or probing, etc… I’ve come to the simple conclusion that fear and shame based arguments simply won’t work on them.

They don’t fear more shit, because they are living in shit and shit upon regularly. They don’t feel shame, because they didn’t fucking do it, we did.

Where do you go from there?

I suggest the Democratic party listens to them hard. Or it won’t go well.

Edit: Which is precisely why Bernie will take it all the way to Philly, and win, or deny Clinton a clinch in the process, if he can do so.

Dxer1969
    Participant

For what it’s worth. I do hope Bernie takes it all the way to Philly.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

More than 20,000 turned out for the Bernie Sanders rally at the Moda Center today:

Bernie Sanders at Moda: ‘A lot of people here’

missing_kskd
    Participant

Awesome! I wanted to attend.

Bernie is going to try and fill Safeco Field. 50k peeps!

Tall order. Spiffy, if they can pull it off with 2 days notice.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-young-people-are-right-about-hillary-clinton-20160325

That’s a lucid take on what I said above. Typical, great Rolling Stone.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The Hillary supporters were at work.

skeptical
    Participant

Put a bird on it!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Bernie is on a roll and gaining momentum! At least in the NW. Me? I’ M still pulling for him! Good job, Bernie! You the Mann!

radiodork
    Spectator

I think Bernie still has a chance of winning, especially after his enormous 3 wins on Saturday. He didn’t just beat Hillary in 3 states on Saturday, he DESTROYED her!
    He beat her by such a huge margins in those states.
    He has a big uphill battle, but anything is possible. Of course Hillary is the establishment darling and Bernie is the outsider, so the biased press and the federal government will do anything and everything to take Bernie down. Plus even if Bernie did actually get more delegates than Hillary, her corrupt campaign will lie, cheat and steal the election away from Bernie.
    It’s really a no-win situation for Bernie. It’s funny how we live in a democratic society, yet the government and press are telling us who we should and shouldn’t be voting for. It’s pretty fucked up.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Clearly, it’s a conspiracy.

radiodork
    Spectator

Well hopefully Hillary will get indicted on her e mail scandal. from what I understand it’s still under an FBI investigation.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Do me a favor and hold your breath awaiting that outcome.

edselehr
    Participant

I wouldn’t vote for dork’s “Fever Dream Hillary” either. But I don’t have Clinton Derangement Syndrome, so I keep seeing a capable successful woman who, though flawed, is by most any measure the best candidate on the field right now.

Vitalogy
    Participant

And here’s another reality check for you Bernie hopefuls. It ain’t gonna happen. The math still stands against any possibility.

But seriously, continue your enthusiasm for Bernie but just remember, if you don’t end up voting for Hillary you are by default voting GOP.

A lot of the lazy, entitled, and student loan ridden millennials don’t remember Ralph Nader and how those shittily place votes ended up electing GW Bush.

Study the history and don’t be willing to repeat it.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Good point, Vit! I am a Bernie hopeful, still. But I will cast my vote for Hillary, if all is lost with Bernie.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.