KQSO-LP Newberg Now Simulcasts 750 The Game

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KQSO-LP Newberg Now Simulcasts 750 The Game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KXTG-A Adds FM Simulcast On 102.9

ALPHA MEDIA Sports KXTG-A (750 THE GAME)/PORTLAND is now simulcasting on the FM dial via KQSO-LP (102.9 FM)/NEWBERG, OR.

SVP/Market Manager MILT MCCONNELL commented, โ€œTHE GAME being available on the 102.9 frequency means we have effectively increased the density of our coverage area that more than doubles the available audience to over 1.5 million METRO PORTLAND listeners.โ€

EVP/Programming SCOTT MAHALICK said, โ€œAdding the FM frequency to our sports station will not only help increase revenue and ratings but will play a key role in opening up new live and local opportunities.โ€

750 THE GAME is the home of the OREGON DUCKS, PORTLAND TIMBERS, PORTLAND THUNDER, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, NFL, MARCH MADNESS and the 2015 SUPER BOWL.

Boss_Radio_1550
    Participant

Not quite Craig. I just looked this up and it appears the 102.7 EMF translator has changed frequencies to 102.9 per their CP. The translator is rebroadcasting KXTG.

http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?list=0&facid=60147

I also looked up KQSO-LP and they have a CP to move to 105.5 MHz as previously reported on here before. Not sure if they moved yet or not.

jr_tech
    Participant

All that I hear (from Hillsboro) on 105.5 is the KWAZ translator (K288FT) located north of Banks. ๐Ÿ™

http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?list=0&facid=138942

KQSO-LP is still transmitting on 102.9. Even with the KXTG translator operating, I can still hear it ok with my antenna pointed about 210 degrees.

W7PAT
    Participant

Nothing on 102.7 in Aloha. A good signal on 102.9 with the stereo light on.

semoochie
    Participant

“โ€œTHE GAME being available on the 102.9 frequency means we have effectively increased the density of our coverage area that more than doubles the available audience to over 1.5 million METRO PORTLAND listeners.โ€” I don’t understand this statement at all. How can a station that completely covers a market of 2.5 million, more than double their available audience to over 1.5 million, by adding another signal? I guess they didn’t say how MUCH more than 1.5 million!

itsvern
    Participant

Is 102.9 still one watt? Did Alpha buy the station from the amatuer radio group?

jr_tech
    Participant

“Is 102.9 still one watt?”
    Yes, KQSO-LP programming on 102.9 is *still* on the air from the hills between Hillsboro and Newberg… I can hear it fine *only if* I rotate my antenna to the SW.

“Did Alpha buy the station from the amatuer radio group?”
    No, they are broadcasting KXTG programming on 102.9 from a translator (K274AR, owned by EMF) in the Portland West Hills… I can hear it fine on almost any portable radio at my location (Hillsboro), and as well on my DX tuner *if* my antenna is pointed any direction *but* SW.

There seems to be some confusion about this matter because we presently have two stations on 102.9 fairly close to Portland. I can select one or the other by merely rotating my antenna.

semoochie
    Participant

Well, one of them is certainly CLOSE to Portland! ๐Ÿ™‚

W7PAT
    Participant

If you listen to the ID, it is now “KXTG, KINK HD-2 Portland”, so that means KINK is now broadcasting in HD.

jr_tech
    Participant

Yikes!! Indeed KINK *is* broadcasting in HD with a HD-2 channel, which seems to lag AM 750 by about a minute.

W7PAT
    Participant

Now that Alpha has given into HD, perhaps they will add it to KUPL and put Classic Country on HD-2. ๐Ÿ™‚

semoochie
    Participant

Boy, did that ever come out of left field! I’d written them off years ago! Maybe, Salem will make the move.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

KQSO-LP is now off the air, and all that remains on 102.9 is the translator with KXTG. I do not know the exact date that KQSO-LP signed off.

W7PAT
    Participant

The KQSO equipment is being moved (or has been) to Mt. Scott for KISN-LP. I understand that a religious group is interested in the KQSO license, but WORC is looking for a 501-3(c) who might be interested in investing $6,000 to put it back on the air.

radiogeek
    Participant

I’m having trouble seeing how KQSO-LP 96.3 could be used for anything useful or have any value due to it being boxed in by KWLZ and KKJC-LP.

I understand the 105.5 LP group and the move to Mt Scott, but where does 102.9 come into the conversation? And that frequency is dominated by K274AR so far as I can see.

What am I missing here unless someone is going to sell or move one of the strong signals on 102.9 or 96.3?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.