KPIK-LP

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  W7PAT 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

Been having to go to Salem quite often lately and just wanted to report on a couple of things.

KPIK-LP in Stayton is on the air on 96.5, using their CP, as well as 102.9. I was able to hear 96.5 as far north as Woodburn on the car radio. The stations are not simulcasting but are both playing oldies. I really like the music KPIK plays.

KPAM and KFXX seem to skip right over Salem at night. Instead of hearing KPAM I hear the Bay Area station. KFXX is mostly a no show as well. They really needed 1390 to bring their programming to Salem. In fact, KMTT 910 comes in better in Salem at night than KFXX. KFXX can be heard in the Bay Area at night, but no ground wave to Salem.

Broadway
    Participant

Wow, that’s a first…using their CP for “another station”…prob 2 automation systems playing from same playlist/data server?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Once they start broadcasting under CP program test authority, they have to file within a short period the application for license to cover. Once they file that and it is granted, they have to turn the original off. So whatever they are doing now, it’s short lived.

jr_tech
    Participant

“KPIK-LP in Stayton is on the air on 96.5”

Tried to dx it this morning from Hillsboro, but all I hear on 96.5 is KCYS Long Beach/Seaside, off the back of my antenna. 🙁

boisebill
    Participant

KTRB 860 SFO is STILL using an STA to run 12.5 kw non-directional nights. Surprised KPAM hasn’t complained.

Broadway
    Participant

Was out in Turner this morning and nothing at 96.5…

W7PAT
    Participant

Nothing heard this weekend.

W7PAT
    Participant

In Salem again today. 96.5 is on the air with oldies. 102.9 too but with a program “because it matters”.about the draft (WW2 and Vietnam). 102.9 has the stronger signal today.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  W7PAT.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.