KPDX 49 adding Bounce, Grit

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  msndrspdx 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jbpdx
    Participant

I just noticed KPDX 49 has activated 49.3 for Bounce and 49.4 for Grit. Nothing being broadcast yet.

Jbpdx
    Participant

…That would leave two open subchannels on KUNP 47 when Grit vacates 47.3

Jbpdx
    Participant

Bounce is on the air. Also, Grit on 2 channels.

washnotore
    Participant

Just taking a sample reading from TSReader Lite. Shows 49.1 at 11 Mpbs. While each subchannels 49.2 – 49.3 – 49.4 are set to 2 Mbs.

At least the screen size for Grit on 49.4 is set correctly to a full screen. While 47.3 is showing Grit with side bars.

There is room to spare on RF 30 for either another HD channel at 5.50 Mbps or two SD channels at 1.50 Mbps.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Bounce and Grit aren’t on Comcast yet. I’d have to assume that negotiations to add them are going on, or soon will be. With the repack now looming on the horizon, I’d expect that a few more moves will be made. And there are still quite a few channels that still aren’t shown in Portland. Last night, I stumbled across a YouTube video of a “Tattletales” rerun recorded off the Detroit outlet for Bhzzer – first time I’ve seen what their on-air format looks like. It was full screen on my iPad, which suggests that WJBK is showing Buzzer full screen. (Most of their programs were made in the pre-digital era, remember.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.