KOIN adds Decades

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  nosignalallnoise 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Jbpdx
    Participant

on subchannel 6.3

mwdxer1
    Participant

I was wondering if KOIN was going to add Decades as most CBS O&O stations have it. KOIN is not owned by CBS, but I read the first were the O&O, then other CBS stations in a year. No guide for them as yet. It is great to have this much OTA on the Northern Oregon Coast, 15 channels now. Thanks for the tip.

Jbpdx
    Participant

If someone would add Movies! network, we’d be close to having most major diginets. It would be nice to also get WeatherNation, although you can stream that online.

I’m surprised KWVT 17 in Salem doesn’t add something. But they are so low power that the networks are probably holding out for bigger stations.

jr_tech
    Participant

I’m surprised KWVT 17 in Salem doesn’t add something. But they are so low power that the networks are probably holding out for bigger stations.

But remember that in the Portland area KWVT *is* a sub-channel. 17-1 KWVT, 27-1 Retro and 37-1 Azteca are really virtual sub-channels of a real ota channel 49.

mwdxer1
    Participant

There are still several other sub channels not offered. One is H&I (Heroes and Icons) owned by the METV people. Available FTA on satellite. Does Portland still have Grit? I guess Escape is on 49.2, but also Bounce is not available. The Works is another. But considering the size of Portland, many of the sub channels are offered. We are getting more and more of them out here on the north Coast too. Something I never dreamed about 10 years ago.OTA antennas are popping up all over the North Coast. I have made lists of the OTA offerings and I drop them off at the local Radio Shacks. The cost from the Portland TV stations with the translators are paying off now. For years, few watched the three OTA offerings in analog, but now I talk to people often that now watch OTA TV. Some have disconnected cable or satellite as they really could not afford it or there were so many channels they never watched. We are an older group many retired out here too and they like the older shows as well as the network fare, so with 5 of the major nets, and METV, Comet, Get TV, Decades, Cozi & Laff, it gives people hours of great entertainment. It is all free too.

jr_tech
    Participant

Yes, Grit is on 47-3.

47-1 = Univision
    47-2 = Mondomax
    47-3 = Grit

Real ota channel is indeed ch 47 KUNP-LP.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks. With fiber out to Megler now, maybe we will get more offerings out here. We really would like to have 32.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I went and checked, and there are quite a few diginets we do not have, but as far as the ones that run classic shows and movies, are: Heroes & Icons, Buzzr (Classic game shows), Movies, The Works, & Bounce.

Jbpdx
    Participant

I doubt we’ll get Bounce, African American population is too small here. Movies! is probably the only other major diginet we can realistically expect to get at this point.

mwdxer1
    Participant

H& I (Heroes and Icons) is also possible I would think, but of course Portland doesn’t have the diginet room other larger markets have.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Kansas City now has one diginet station that runs 6 or 7 SD subs that offers a lot of diginet’s not earlier offered there and KC is a smaller market than Portland. So anything is possible. But of course that station may be a LP, so I doubt it could be received outside the market.

Jbpdx
    Participant

That KC station is a new station too. There are actually cities in the U.S. still launching new TV stations.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I have noticed that. Except for METV that broadcasts in HD on satellite, the rest as far as I know only are in SD. So if a LP station was to open up in most major cities, they could run 6-8 SD channels and cover most that are missing.

Jbpdx
    Participant

KORS 16 would work here. It used to have 4 or 5 channels. Or of course KGWZ 46.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Jbpdx.

mwdxer1
    Participant

If any of the Watch TV stations would return any could be used. I have no idea how many Sub channels can be added to a channel, but I would think 7 or 8 might be possible. That would easily cover most of what is not available in Portland. Seattle has a channel 46 and they have several sub channels.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.