KOIN adding diginet?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, it looks like Get TV is indeed going to 6.2, as I got an e mail from KATU this morning. No info on what they are going to do with 2.4 as yet.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Interesting. Must have been a lot of negotiating going on. Probably won’t be a 2.4 at least for now.

mwdxer1
    Participant

KATU ordered the new Encoder that will handle the 4 channels, so why not use it for some channel. Sinclair just launched The American Sports Network and some stations have picked that up.Is that a possibility?
    KATU decided not to renew the Get TV contract. I have no idea why, but KOIN told me a couple weeks ago that they may pick up Get TV. The channels seems to be very popular.

mwdxer1
    Participant

The 1st of Feb is tomorrow and I wonder if Get TV will be on 6.2?

washnotore
    Participant

It’s back – get TV on is now on KOIN 6.2.. KOIN website also shows Titan TV listings for 6.2 as well. Now we have to wait for Comcast to start using channel 306.

TSReader show KOIN 6.1 at 15 Mpbs and 6.2 at 2.40 Mpbs. The PQ is dull. Just like it was for KPTV 12.2 last year. So a new encoder is in order.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Good news. I was wondering if Get TV would return tonight.
    Thanks.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Just checked my Comcast program guide. No pickup of 6.2 by Comcast yet, bt I imagine that discussions are going on right now to make that happen. Kudos to KOIN for offering to take Get after KATU dropped it on 15 January. A viewer has already reported the switch to Get TV’s Facebook page. The Comet listings are now jibing with on-air content listings at Comcast, by the way.

We still don’t know when Daystar will move off KGWZ, do we? Maybe it’ll get a new owner, and maybe something along the lines of the above suggestion will happen. When Daystar moves to Ch. 5 (currently virtual 22), I’d expect a name change and maybe a switch in virtual channel as well. Have they filed for one yet? I’d be surprised if someone files for an entirely new station, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Picture quality is poor on 6.2 but that likely will be fixed ASAP. As for KGWZ 46.1, I don’t understand why that hasn’t changed yet. Makes no sense.

mwdxer1
    Participant

There are quite a few diginets Portland does not have, but Portland is not a huge market like LA either. Portland does not have the amount of OTA TV. We are lucky, as many markets have few OTA offerings in diginets.
    H&I (Heroes & Icons) and Decades would be nice, but again there is not the room. I am surprised KOIN went for any diginet as they told me a few years ago, that their HD signal was the best in the market and they wanted to keep it that way. But again, if any company can make more money, they will add more channels in time. I am still wondering “if” there will be a 2.4 now? There have been talk about a 2.4 going back to 2014, then they were going to add Grit, but that went to KUNP. A friend in LA tells me that adding a 4th channel should not affect the bandwidth all that much and they good fine on his 65 inches screen. But the coast is sure getting a lot of great OTA TV these days!!!

washnotore
    Participant

GetTV in Multi-Market Deal With Media General/Nexstar

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/91977/gettv-in-multimarket-deal-with-media-general

For the life of me. I can’t remember the last time, when Merv Griffin was on KOIN TV. get TV/Sony currently holds the rights to his syndicated programs.

As Merv used say. I will be back right back after these messages.

mwdxer1
    Participant

With all of the great classic TV shows that are on the diginets, the old variety shows have been missing. I am happy to see The Kraft Music Hall (Perry Como), Mitzi, Andy Williams, Sonny & Cher, Bing Crosby, Merv Griffin, and others show up. I have e mailed Get TV asking for more of them. It brings back a lot of memories from when I was young. Seeing Mitzi the other night, the NBC opening “The Following Program Is Brought To You In Living Color”, with the Peacock was sure cool to see once again.
    We are sure fortunate to have all of these great diginets out here on the coast and now no long haul pickup is needed as the translators are being fed with fiber from Portland. So no more dropouts.

e_dawg
    Participant

What about watch tv? Do they still hold the license for the Portland area? Koxo-cd, koxi-cd, Kors-cd, kkei-cd Kirk-cd? They were like the cocola broadcasting of Portland

mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, Watch TV still has ch 28 CP. They tested back in the 90s in analog with a shopping channel, then they went off and I have not seen them since. They later applied for a digital license also on 28 with an ERP of 15 KW. Here is a list of the CPs and apps for Astoria.

4 Analog but a recent app to change location. Kenneth Lewetag

5 Analog but the license may have run out Michael Mattson

15 Digital CP 15 KW Frank Digital
    24 Digital CP Kenneth Lewetag

28 Digital CP 15 KW ERP, did test in analog back in the 90s. Gregory Herman Watch TV

36 Digital CP 15KW Frank Digital
    38 Digital CP 15KW Frank Digital

42 Analog CP 3ABN Did test 10 years ago, but the license is no longer listed on the FCC site.

43 Digital CP 3ABN but no longer listed on the FCC site

51 Digital CP for Warrenton EICB Inc,rel. Reported as tested, but I have never seen it here.

What is on the air here:
    17 (KGW)
    21 (KPTV)
    23 (KOPB)
    26 (KATU)
    34 (KOIN)

Patrick

mwdxer1
    Participant

Any idea what KPTV is using for bandwidth for Laff?

Jbpdx
    Participant

Any technical experts know why KOIN 6.2/GetTV picture is still blurry? They’ve had three weeks to fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.