KLOO-FM Reception

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DexterEricson
    Participant

I am out of town, but curious about receptions of KLOO-FM in the Salem area? Looking at the FCC maps, it looks like it should come in no problem, especially at 100,000 watts. Am I wrong?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Under normal circumstance, KLOO should cover Salem. If you are out in the open and not behind a small hill or shadowed by a building, and your radio receiver has even a modest antenna, the signal should be nice and strong.

DexterEricson
    Participant

Thanks Andy! Cars should be good, then?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yes, a car radio should be OK. You are well within the 1mV/m contour in Salem.

mwdxer1
    Participant

From Seaside, when I point the FM6 yagi to the South 106.3 is generally always there. 101.5 is not as strong. But KLOO FM does get out.

Patrick

W7PAT
    Participant

When I was in Sunriver a couple of months ago, KLOO was the only FM station from the Valley that I could receive, and that was on a portable radio.
    I can receive KLOO fairly well driving around Beaverton, well enough that I keep them in one of my memory buttons.

Chico
    Participant

KLOO came in very nicely in a car radio a few miles north of Longview over the weekend.

DexterEricson
    Participant

Thanks all!

One more question on this, kind of the same, but put another way.

If someone owned KLOO-FM, and wanted to target the Salem market as the “home market,” does it have the signal to do it?

semoochie
    Participant

Part of the problem is that Salem is part of the Portland market.

DexterEricson
    Participant

Yes, I am aware of the market location. 🙂

I am more interested in the Salem signal for KLOO-FM. Sounds like the signal is good enough for it – or a similar signaled station – to make Salem part of it’s sales market.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.