KKPZ and KUIK Updates

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

About 40 years ago, I found three local channels operating from the same tower. I’m pretty sure it was Reno but I notice that what appear to be diplexed operations there, have changed to other stations.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

As of Tuesday afternoon, 1640 has mysteriously returned to the air. The signal was weak in Hillsboro and Beaverton and only somewhat stronger in the Multnomah Village/Burlingame area. This leads me to believe that KDZR is still broadcasting from Mt. Scott but at its nighttime power.

semoochie
    Participant

It has to be Mt. Scott(not to be confused with “It hasta be Shasta!” 🙂 )because they just applied to move a few days ago.

I can’t believe that my spell checker actually accepted the word, “hasta”!

• This reply was modified 22 hours, 17 minutes ago by semoochie.
    • This reply was modified 22 hours, 14 minutes ago by semoochie.
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

A hasta is a unit of length. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasta_(unit) I did not know this until I recently looked it up.

Alternately, your spell checker might be recognizing Spanish words. In that case, hasta means “until.”

semoochie
    Participant

I knew it had to(or hadda)be something like that. Thank you! I would think that the distance between one’s elbow to tip of the middle finger would vary from person to person.

OK, now it accepted the word, “hadda”, which it seems I used correctly, imagine that!

Sidebar: It appears that the word, “ain’t”, in addition to the usual contraction usage is also an alternate form of “don’t”, “didn’t” and “doesn’t”. This gives us sentences such as, “I ain’t understand what you’re talking about.”! I have never heard “ain’t” used in this way and can’t imagine anyone saying it!

• This reply was modified 11 hours, 23 minutes ago by semoochie.
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.