KJYY-LD CH. 26

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

If KOIN’s upgrades are done, they apparently do not transmit as much signal as before. OTA with an old UHF/VHF pair of rabbit ears (a decent one) which previously worked on almost all channels coming out of the West Hills now drops out on KOIN main and subs. It still gets everything else OK (haven’t checked all, but 8 and 10 and 2 and 32 are all fine). I live in Sellwood.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

KGW has been weak the past couple days.

DarkStar
    Participant

If KOIN’s upgrades are done, they apparently do not transmit as much signal as before.

Not yet. KOIN is still on their auxiliary transmitter on the KATU tower. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they’ll be moved from the lower temporary antenna to the upper temporary antenna to get their signal out a bit better.

KATU’s auxiliary transmitter is supposed to be commissioned this week (on the KATU tower).

The only one left is KRCW to get off of the master antenna on the KOIN tower, then work can begin replacing that antenna and feedline.

Simultaneously, the antenna and tower work on the KATU tower is supposed to start — removing the old VHF channel 2 antenna and installing a new permanent master antenna.

yahmit
    Participant

Hopefully KJWY will come back on the air as a new “retro type” network and not religious. Looking at the Sagamore Hill profile, they seem to own mainstream type stations.

LinleyG
    Participant

I noted today that while KJYY-LD’s (Rf 26 v.ch 26-1) signal power on the spectrum analyzer is the same as it has been, it’s transmitting a black picture with no sound when you look at it with a TV set. My old Artech set-top box with its very useful manual scan mode says the signal has a good S/N and shows it as KJYY-LD1 so I assume that the signal has a PSIP. I’ve never seen the combination of a good signal with a black picture.

LinleyG
    Participant

KJYY-LD (RF 26, virtual 26-1) is transmitting a picture on its carrier for the first time I have seen it since Sept. 7. The ID transmitted with the signal says it is SBNYLD1. The programing is Christian religious.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

but Sfart joins a long list of subchannels that

Sfart: how I always feel after eating at McMinimum’s.

kb101engineer
    Participant

KJYY seems to be consistently transmitting SBN, Sonlight Broadcasting Network (operated by Jimmy Swaggart) on 26.1 and a shopping channel on 26.2.

yahmit
    Participant

Anyone have any updates on the KOIN upgrade. I still can’t receive them in West Salem. Thanks.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

KOIN was off-air early Monday morning for hours.

DarkStar
    Participant

Anyone have any updates on the KOIN upgrade. I still can’t receive them in West Salem. Thanks.

KOINs interim transmitter and the KUNP-LD transmitter were moved to a higher antenna on the KATU tower last week.

Last night was a maintenance window for KOIN to pull their redundant channel mask filter (redundant since there is a new combiner at the KATU site that includes a channel mask filter). They will be moving it over to the Sylvan (KOIN tower) site to prepare to come up on low power from that location on yet another temporary antenna.

There is no estimated time for getting started (or finished) with the tower work.

yahmit
    Participant

Guess it would help if I did a rescan, KOIN has returned, along with KUNP. I have never received that channel before..
    Is KGWZ still off?

jr_tech
    Participant

Just did a TV rescan… no sign of KGWZ.

DarkStar
    Participant

KGWZ-LD and KEVE-LD have both applied to repack to channel 23. We won’t see KGWZ-LD return until the application is resolved.

yahmit
    Participant

at one point a year or more ago, I was also receiving a channel on 42.1. I think the call letters were KXPG. Since it was daystar, I really wans’t paying attention. Just curious what happened to that channel. It didn’t appear in the rescan.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.