KJYY-LD CH. 26

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  jr_tech 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

e_dawg
    Participant

Hi is Channel 26.1 off the air? Last time I check back in March 2017, they’re running the dove tv network. I check the FCC database their license has been deleted since February 2017.

jr_tech
    Participant

I detect no signal… in the past it has been weak (S-1) but detectable on my Icom 8500 receiver.

washnotore
    Participant

I too notice that KJYY-LD was on the air a few weeks ago. After someone finally figure out the FCC cancel there license.

So now will it be possible for KJYY-LD to come back on the air soon. After being silent for over a year. It wasn’t that long ago DKRRC-FM found a way back on the air. After it’s license was cancel.

Also with KOIN-TV moving to RF 25 by 2018. Can a LPTV returned to RF 26? This should be interesting to watch.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The radio station that currently has the callsign KRRC is owned by a church. See http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProEngine.php?sCurrentService=FM&tabSearchType=Appl&sAppIDNumber=1676211
    Reed College’s student radio station has been available only through the Internet since 2011.

washnotore
    Participant

The FCC has reinstated KJYY-LD license. They came back on the air in June.

washnotore
    Participant

KJYY-LD 26 (RF 26) Portland. Has been under new ownership for white. Horizon Media out McMinnville is now running the station. Also this week Horizon sold it’s sister station. KJWY-LP 21 (RF 36) Salem. To SagamoreHill Media. As well as reduced the station’s power. Due to the pending changes to RF Ch 36 in the Portland area.

Broadway
    Participant

Upon reading the fine print did the new owners of KJWY Salem just buy it for $15,000? Guess it does come with license, TX and few other items but no tower site and would have to be rebuilt?

kb101engineer
    Participant

They activated 4 sub channels. 3 are black with 26.2 running a shopping channel.

LinleyG
    Participant

At my home in Aloha, KJYY-LD (RF ch. 26) is and has been on the air on that channel ever since it changed frequencies. I measure it as about 10 dB less in power than KOIN-DT on RF ch. 25. on my outside antenna.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

On a somewhat related note, what happened to KGWZ-LD? It disappeared a couple weeks ago and KGW did not respond to a question via their Facebook page.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Silence and Suspension granted 28 August. TEGNA letter states reason is interference with a new T-Mobile service.
    Displacement Application on file.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

What was KGWZ-LD? A stationary tube camera shooting a turntable with a clock, a thermometer, a barometer and a rolodex card file driven by a Sony clock radio motor?
    Inquiring mind wants to know.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

It was a camera on the east side pointed at downtown and the bridges.

msndrspdx
    Participant

KGWZ, I understand, is off air while they install equipment for their move to the new post-repack RF channel. I’d assume that KGWZ will return to the air once that work is done. KOIN has completed their upgrades and have settled in on RF 25. The sky cam shot of the downtown skyline often turns up om KGW’s Facebook page.

Also of note: several of the CBS owned stations have dropped Decades to make room for a new service called Start TV, which I believe starts today. Other stations have stepped in to pick up Decades, but not all. Chicago will have two stations running Dacades simultaneously. Decades is still on KOIN in Portland, but Sfart joins a long list of subchannels that don’t have homes in the Rose City yet. Once the repack action settles down, I’d expect some deals to be signed. It’ll be interesting to see what Comcast does with the newcomers.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.