KISN's Johnny Dark, Byron Swanson

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums History KISN's Johnny Dark, Byron Swanson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Does anyone know what happened to Byron Swanson who was CE at KISN, and then KUPL? He signed my old KISN QSL card years ago, and I wonder if he is still around? He even gave the IRCA Radio club a tour of the station about 1977 or 78. Thanks.

Patrick

Andy Brown
    Participant

Byron became C.E. at KEX where he stayed for quite a while, until retirement I believe. You can find him on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/byron.swanson.18 He lives in Vancouver, WA. He has occasionally posted on this board, but not in a long while.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks so much. I sent him an e mail.

stevewa
    Participant

I periodically hear Byron on the bands during some amateur radio contests. When I was working at U of P I arranged a tour of the KEX transmitter site for an engineering class there. My favorite moment was when one of the students, trying to ask an intelligent question, wanted to know the SWR of the antenna system.

Byron Swanson
    Participant

I’m alive and well and enjoying life. Sorry I haven’t been active here, but I will make an effort to check PDX Radio.

Thanks to all that asked about ‘Johnny Dark’, KISN Good Guy!

Andy Brown
    Participant

Good to “hear” from you, Byron. I’m 64 now, boy doesn’t time go by fast. It seems like just yesterday my visits to the KMJK transmitter up on Mt. Scott were always brightened by a stop at the original KUPL building where we (you, Debbie and me) would sit on the old half torn apart KPOJ studio furniture in the center of the room and have a talk break.
    Best of the best to you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.