KISN LP to vacate Mt. Scott

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

KISN LP 95.1 has applied for and been granted a construction permit to leave their most excellent location on Mt. Scott for a far inferior location with negligible HAAT and HAMSL.

For more details including where they are moving to see the LPFM thread.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

What a bummer! I listen to them all the time in Milwaukie.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Likely, this means that they will fade into the noise floor on the West Side.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s the best news I’ve heard since Trump was elected! 🙁 The only thing that can salvage that situation is if they can get hold of a west hills translator.

semoochie
    Participant

I suspect that this will be the end for the Kisn brand. I didn’t think it would end this way. I thought they would eventually get tired of doing it and that would be all she wrote. It will probably go back to being programed by its owner and become just another standard LPFM. I hope they’re very slow building out the CP. 🙁

Andy Brown
    Participant

In fact, Mr. Seymour did the 318 form by himself instead of sending it out to Seattle to Hatfield and Dawson where Eric Swanson had been doing the work on the two previous 318’s and the 319. Maybe it’s about running out of money as I wrote earlier.

semoochie
    Participant

They still seem to have plenty of underwriting although it’s hard to say how much that is worth in real dollars. Maybe, Scott Young can chime in.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

I always use KISN-LP as an example for other LPFMs to emulate.
    Cellular tower behind the Walgreens on SE 122 & SE Powell.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.