KICN?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

How long will KICN-LP continue to simulcast KQRZ-LP? They’re on the same tower, with the same power. It seems like a complete waste to me! I retired at the end of September 2019 and hadn’t been back that way since. At the time, it had been several months and I thought it was ridiculous then! I drove my sister back to Beaverton after the hot days and noticed that they’re still simulcasting. It’s been at least two years and possibly three! I thought that the original idea was to simulcast KISN-LP or at least make some connection with them and the KQRZ simulcast was just to test the system and have it ready but it just keeps going on and on! It seems like a tremendous waste of money and resources! Any ideas?

chessyduck
    Participant

The KICN-LP license is in the process of being transferred to another community organization. Several LPFMs in the Portland area are being “churned” or flipped to new groups. You can do your own research at FCCdata.org and see all the filings.

Here’s the KICN-LP paper trail.

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/assignmentDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f91784d7de001785d560f0f0c23&id=25076f91784d7de001785d560f0f0c23&goBack=N

Per the mission statement it looks like another ham radio group,this one called “Vector Communications”. ..Hopefully we’re not devolving into a Charlottesville scenario (See Saga-vs-LPFMs legal battle).

semoochie
    Participant

Thank you for posting this. I see that Tom Brooks is on the assignee list!

chessyduck
    Participant

The other LPFM that I know of that is changing hands is KYQT-LP 101.5, ironically located on the same tower as KICN.

Tool Shed PDX has filed to assign the license to “Friends of Portland Community Radio”

Accepted for filing on March 29th, the paperwork is here:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/assignmentDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f91786134dc0178625b6ebc00b9&id=25076f91786134dc0178625b6ebc00b9&goBack=N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.