KEX Dumps Local Mornings For Sacramento Show

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio KEX Dumps Local Mornings For Sacramento Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KEX/Portland Moves: Michael Castner Replacing Glenn Beck In Middays, Syndicated Armstrong And Getty For Mornings

ALL ACCESS hears that a lineup shuffle is in the works at iHEARTMEDIA News-Talk KEX-A/PORTLAND.

The changes have local morning host MICHAEL CASTNER moving to noon-3p (PT), replacing PREMIERE’s GLENN BECK. Filling the morning slot will be the syndicated sister News-Talk KSTE-A/SACRAMENTO-based ARMSTRONG AND GETTY show. The moves will start MONDAY (12/7).

CASTNER strongly defended PORTLAND after BECK put the ROSE CITY atop his list of “15 cities to avoid” earlier this year, making his move to replace BECK in the KEX schedule especially notable.

W7PAT
    Participant

Is Castner local?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Yes!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

No more local mornings on KEX? I guess that it will be KUIK or KPAM from now on!
    HMMPH!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Now I have heard everything! A total demise of a once great station. Hell, I even listened to theSLOB back in 1969. 11 years old back then. And even then, I thought KEX was good radio. Guess Paul Linnman and the needy kids fundraiser was KEX last gasp.

semoochie
    Participant

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon, how about this for a liner? “1190 Kex – The World’s Largest Weed!” šŸ™‚

Dxer1969
    Participant

Well, I don’t know about that. But what a waste of a flamethrower. No morning show? That is just idiotic management is all!

jimbo
    Participant

Gee whiz, stay away for a while and everything falls apart. šŸ™‚ Heard Kastner this morning say he was moving to mid-day. Haven’t heard Michael Convery for traffic for a long time. I use the morning shows for news/info/traffic. I have no interest in shows from Sacramento or elsewhere. I want local stuff. I want dependable traffic info often, not just at some network breaks that allow only a 15 second clip that says nothing. I guess that limits me, currently, to KPAM and KXL.
    I don’t care for Kastner but that is OK. I like Paul Linnman, Bob Miller, Mark and Dave much better.
    Oh well, sign of the times.

jimbo
    Participant

Guess it is time to move our morning clock radio off of 1190 this weekend. It has been there for years. I guess there won’t be any reason to listen to KEX anymore.

892R
    Participant

Hey, there is an alternative. You can tune in Tim and Terry on KPAM’s First Edition weekday mornings from 5 til 9. Four Hours of Live and Local radio that’s much better than anything else in town. And if it’s been a while since you visited 860am, Bob Miller retired some time ago although he still voices spots, and fills in from time to time on Terry Boyd’s World, another Local and Live show from 9 til noon on KPAM.

Notalent
    Participant

Oddly enough that same Sacramento morning show is replacing David Boze on 770 KTTH/Bonneville
    in Seattle.

Dxer1969
    Participant

@No Talent. Corporate radio is doing their usual dirty deads.And right before the holidays! Ugh!

Dxer1969
    Participant

@892R. Agreed! KPAM 860 is the best bet on the AM dial here in Portland, Oregon. Local talent 10 hours on weekdays. This week, it was 13 hours.Bob Miller did an excellent job as usual! Raised many thousands of dollars for veterans and their families.Catch him Friday noon to 3pm. At least for 1 more day it will feel like the good old times of radio again. And how I miss those times.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

The fun starts Monday December 7, 2015 on Your 50,000 Watt Home Town Radio Station. KEX, What A Team!

missing_kskd
    Participant

One would think Portland, an up and coming, Progressive, news making place would warrant locals. In fact, export them, rather than bring people in.

It would also be a great idea to reconsider the decision to remove all but conservative, business, sports and news talk from the dial here.

Portland is experiencing rapid growth from an influx of largely tech savvy, increasingly affluent, working professionals. Most of these people do not suffer fools and clowns.

Most of them won’t know what AM even is, they might do FM, and definitely a stream or discrete shows produced here. Get an audience, put the best on the dial and make the most of who will or can tune in.

Remember those very nice KPOJ stream numbers? That’s the kind of thing PDX can generate given just a little tap on the talent and opinion here. Heck, we have high tech companies doing events filled with great content. Nobody even bothers with that scene. It is like bizarre world. PDX media is near blind to PDX.

Why is that?

…just saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.