Ken Boddie named co-anchor of KOIN's morning show

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Ken Boddie named co-anchor of KOIN's morning show

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RobP
    Participant

This from TV Spy:

–Portland CBS Affiliate Moves Weekend Anchor to Mornings–

Ken Boddie is moving from the weekend to the morning anchor chair for Portland CBS affiliate KOIN.

Starting Monday, Boddie will join Jenny Hansson, meteorologist Sally Showman and traffic reporter Carly Kennelly from 4:30 a.m. until 7:00 am.

“Portland has been my home for three decades and there’s no place I’d rather be,” said Boddie, whose been an anchor and reporter at the Portland station for over 29 years. “We live in a fantastic place.”

edselehr
    Participant

Ken Boddie has become one of those “legacy” anchors in Portland, like Mike Donahue, that keeps doing good work with good integrity. It’s been disappointing to see him spend much of his career at KOIN in the shadow of other higher-profile air personalities, so I’m looking forward to seeing his work at this new gig. Congrats, Ken!

e_dawg
    Participant

KOIN 6 in the morning has played musical chairs since the days of Eric Schmidt, Marsha Coffey, and Hiedi Somners back in the early 80s. Kgw and kptv have the least musical chairs for their morning news. I think Brenda Braxton been in the am news business since 1988?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.