Kelly gone from SF/Huskies out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Just some football notes…

Former Oregon and NFL Eagles/49ers coach likely out in SF after just one year.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-may-fire-chip-kelly-coach-gm-trent-baalke-colin-kaepernick-black-monday-123116

Huskies put up somewhat of a fight, but in the end over powered by the best team in college football. Atleast it wasn’t a total blow-out, at 24-7. Same can’t be said for Ohio State who were indeed blown out tonight by Clemson to bring a rematch from last year for the championship.

Cougars must be licking their wounds with a disappointing loss to Minnesota in the Holiday bowl.

Will be interesting to see where Kelly lands next. Back to college? Maybe, but not Oregon, obviously. UCLA? You heard it here first!

Brianl
    Participant

The 49ers organization is a dumpster fire. It’s weird, a franchise with five Lombardi trophies is now a shitshow.

As for my Cougs, ugh. We were down in San Diego for the game, and that was a blast, but the game … Zzzzzz. Minnesota wanted it more, plain and simple.

DanOregon
    Participant

Kelly is due $18 mil over the next three years – the jobs in college that pay that much are Bama, Michigan and Ohio State. That is the total list.
    My guess is that he might take a small gig somewhere where he can tinker with his system and still collect most of what the 49ers owe him.
    It’s been a while since he didn’t “run the show” – his types of quarterbacks aren’t the preferred model in the NFL.
    Maybe he goes to the Pats if their OC gets a gig elsewhere?

Brianl
    Participant

Chip is a good coach. As the guy evaluating talent and assembling it, he’s not. That is what doomed him in Philadelphia.

IMO, it would be a mistake for San Francisco to fire him. He has shit to work with, and a GM that is clueless.

paulwalker
    Participant

Now official, Kelly is out in SF. But he wins in the end, still being paid by The Eagles, and will be paid by the 49ers bigtime. He could actually take a year (or two) off! But I doubt he will. Still thinking UCLA.

jr_tech
    Participant

My wife just told me that she heard that the clueless GM is also out. (Heard on NFL network).

Notalent
    Participant

Chip to the Titans for 100 Alex…

Brianl
    Participant

I’m not so sure that the Titans are ready to move on from Mularkey, they were much better this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.