KEDO 99.1 Longview

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

found another AM using an FM translator KEDO Longview WA is now on 99.1. Strong here on the coast.

johnmackey
    Participant

I put the 99.1 translator for KEDO on the air about 3 weeks ago. We are working on some antenna issues and getting a 950 MHz STL to improve the audio quality. At this time it is being fed by a subcarrier on an STL.

mwdxer1
    Participant

How much power is 99.1 running? The translators for AM’s including KBAM’s and even KXRO Aberdeen WA get out better than their AM’s. I think KVAS Astoria (106.3) is running something like 250w ERP. KSWB Seaside is soon to join the group with their translator too.

johnmackey
    Participant

the translator is licensed for 250 watts ERP and is using a C-pol antenna mounted to the KBAM tower.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Did you put on the KBAM translator too? That one does well too.

johnmackey
    Participant

I did not install the KBAM translator – it was done prior to my arrival. The KBAM translator should perform nearly identical to the KEDO translator. They are both mounted on the same tower with similar antennas close in elevation.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

In Hillsboro, I cannot hear K256CQ (the KEDO translator). Instead, I hear KODZ.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, You have a straight shot down the valley to Eugene. The Eugene FMs used to be quite decent when I lived in Hillsboro years ago. I even got 9-13 good. I am a straight shot down the Columbia River at less than 50 miles from Longview.

W7PAT
    Participant

There is an intersection in Salem (Commercial st) where KUJ from the tri-cities overtakes KODL.

mwdxer1
    Participant

KUJ is on 1420, yet KODL is on 1440, not the same frequency.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Could we be talking about KUJ-FM and KODZ, Eugene, both at 99.1?

W7PAT
    Participant

Excuse me then…KUJ-FM

duxrule
    Participant

The former owner of KEDO, Holly Bishop, passed away over the weekend.

W7PAT
    Participant

…And you’re right, KODZ, not KODL.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.