KDOA 97.5 Vancouver

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Scott Young
    Participant

I heard KDOA for the first time today, with reggae music. Very weak on I-84 from Lloyd Center east to 58th. Pretty good eastbound on Burnside/Thornburn over the north slope of Mt Tabor but petered out down on the flats toward Mall 205. Audio sounded pretty good up on Mt Tabor where the signal was strong enough to tell.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Nothing here in Orchards (Heritage/Himitage area).

What unfortunate call letters for a new radio station to have, especially in times like these when public interest in radio, listenership in general, are at an all-time low…..

semoochie
    Participant

We must be positive. Perhaps, it stands for “Dancing On Air”! 🙂

chessyduck
    Participant

Somewhat confusing , “DOA.FM” is the website of KDOO-LP “the Cave” on 101.5 from East Portland, former license holder of KDOA-FM in The Dalles which became KJYV under JiveRadio’s ownership. The DOA.FM website indicates they started streaming four days ago,

So is KDOA-LP a different group? Apparently in name only as both stations appear on the DOA.FM website. The KDOA-LP license holder is “Rusting Sprocket Art” while KDOO-LP is “Cascade Community Radio.”

Oh yes, KDOO-LP definitely has a non-traditional rock playlist. Refreshing.

Screamer
    Participant

I would use a ton of Van Halen “Dead or Alive” in the imaging, however, the music doesn’t sound like it would fit so, nevermind.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m sorry if I misread you but DOA doesn’t stand for “Dead Or Alive” but rather “Dead On Arrival”!

Master of Disaster
    Participant

I’m sorry if I misread you but DOA doesn’t stand for “Dead Or Alive” but rather “Dead On Arrival”!

There was also a video game series that started in the mid-1990s called “Dead or Alive” that was abbreviated “DOA”, noted for being a fighting game featuring polygons shaped like beautiful women. Let’s hope discussion of said games on this site ends with this mention!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

There was once a Canadian punk rock band named DOA. In that context, the abbreviation did mean, “Dead On Arrival.” I was quite dismayed when that group signed on to a major label in the mid 1990s, and their lyrics changed from having a satirical edge to just being stupid (such as “Big Guys Like DOA”). Although I realize that many members of this board a younger than I am, I still feel that I’m dating myself.

semoochie
    Participant

It occurred to me that nothing is forever. “TLC” used to stand for “Tender Loving Care” but later was used for “The Learning Channel”, the latter of which is mostly forgotten, going solely with the acronym.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

TLC was and still is also the name of a musical group. The group peaked in success as an R&B trio near the turn of the century. In 2002, Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes was killed in an automobile accident in Honduras, leaving the group to continue as a duo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.