KBZY Sells to local guy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

Oh I did forget…the site is very close to the approach path of the Salem Airport.

RadioWeirdo2020
    Participant

all i can find out so far is that the address for Rise 95, LLC the new owner of KBZY is also the address for AJ Hideway Bar.

5048 River Rd N, Keizer, OR 97303

also registered at that address under Louis name is LJR1, LLC

Gabe
    Participant

One thing that’s changed (at some point in the last year or so, at least) is the quality of their online stream. It used to sound like a very low quality MP3– very tinny and fatiguing to the ear. It was barely listenable. I just checked it out, and it now sounds clean and robust, just like it sounded on my GE Superadio when I lived in Salem a few years ago!

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

lity MP3– very tinny and fatiguing to the ear. It was barely listenable. I just checked it out, and it now sounds clean and robust, just like it sounded on my GE Superadio when I lived in Salem a few years ago!

https://kccs-streaming.com/9992/stream

It’s only 96Kb. Personally I wouldn’t encode lower than 128Kb for 44100 Hz mono stuff (and there’s really no reason not to, with bandwidth being what it is these days) but that’s me.

At least it’s not mutilated to the point of being viscerally repulsive like the KAHM stream was about 10 years ago.

Gabe
    Participant

I’m judging by ear only. It sounds good on my iPhone and my (much louder) Google Home speaker. But I can hear some loss when I listen on my Sony Studio Monitor cans. In any event, it’s a major improvement from before.

On a side note, it sounds like KBZY retired the awesome vintage jingles they were still using as of a couple of years ago. Sad. They’re already a locally owned AM oldies station— no sense in trying to sound “modern” by eliminating their jingles (in favor of dry voice imaging, of all things).

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Gabe.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.