KBPS Off Tonight, 9/10/2019

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Young
    Participant

Any DXers in inner Portland might be interested to know that 1450 KBPS will be off overnight tonight for maintenance. KBPS probably isn’t a DXing nuisance to anyone outside of about a 7 mile radius of Benson High School at night, but figured I’d mention it anyway.

dialtwirler
    Participant

With KBPS off, I’m hearing the following stations fade in and out:

KONP Port Angeles WA with the Seattle Mariners post-game show and local PA commercials.

KSUH Puyallup WA with Korean language programming.

Unidentified station programming George Noory’s “Coast to Coast AM” show.

Unidentified country music station (maybe KEED Eugene or KCLX Colfax WA.)

There are possibly other stations far underneath the four stations described above.

I’m listening on a Panasonic RF-2200.

Scott Young
    Participant

Coast To Coast AM could have been KLBM in LaGrande. KFLS in Klamath Falls might have been in the mix too. I used to hear both of them fairly regularly before KBPS was on 24 hours. The most frequent visitor on 1450 seemed to be KONP in Port Angeles. A few years ago I spent a weekend on Camano Island in the San Juans and I checked 1450 to see if those conditions were reciprocal. Sure enough, there was KBPS on top of the heap! Their oldies format at night and frequent IDs make it pretty easy to identify.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Unfortunately, I did not check yesterday. However, I am wondering when KBPS will be installing the diplexer to allow 1150 to share their tower? Or, have those plans been canceled?

Broadway
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.