KBOO HD Off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jr_tech
    Participant

Couple of days ago, I was tuning through the Portland FM HD channels, catching up on the changes and noticed that KBOO HD was off. Rechecked again today and found that the HD is *still* off. I don’t check that channel very often, so it is possible that it has been off for weeks or months… Anybody Know?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I wonder whether the KBOO HD being off the air has a beneficial effect on the quality of the signal that is received by the K296FT translator (which receives 91.1). At the moment, from my location in Hillsboro, K296FT is slightly noisy, but I am not sure how much of the noise that I hear is from the KLTH and KXJM IBOC sidebands (which are much stronger here than 107.1) and how much of that noise is present in the signal that is broadcast by K296FT.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I think it’s been off since *at least* last December, as I noticed when I tried recording a Tiki Cha Cha Club episode and couldn’t even get the decoder on my rig to kick in. They still have that Vietnamese SCA broadcast on 92 kHz so I wonder if they were getting too many complaints of interference on it.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

WOOPS! I am now really embarrassed that I didn’t notice the absence of the KBOO HD before, especially since I occasionally listen to KSLC (90.3).

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

It might have even been off before then but that was when I noticed it. Linux took a shit and I wasn’t able to pull down the 192Kb stream, so had to try recording it off the Ibiquity like I did in the dark ages.

Only. . . no Ibiquity to record off of.

jr_tech
    Participant

Speaking of KSLC (90.3)… What is the station that I hear now on 90.3 with my antenna pointed east? Spanish language… don’t know if they have given any call letters.

jr_tech
    Participant

Slaps forehead!
    The “mystery” 90.3 station appears to be good old KZRI, Welches, which has changed call-sign to KXPC and is apparently Broadcasting “Radio Nueva Vida” which is Spanish Christian.
    The FCC listing shows that it rebroadcasts KLRD which is/was “Air One”, but that likely is not the case.

KVTI Tacoma 90.9 (Northwest Public Radio) is coming in decent (some fading) this morning, with KBOO HD off. I guess that I *really* don’t miss KBOO HD at all. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.