KBNP

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    W7PAT
    Participant

I live in the Cooper Mountain area and never hear KBNP at night. Over the past few nights, I’ve noticed a strong signal from KBNP. Have they officially increased their night power, or are they just not powering down to 9 watts?

Broadway
    Participant

More like the remote control is outa wack and needs to be visited.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I did not want to “out” them, but I have been hearing them pretty well in Hillsboro at night for several weeks.

semoochie
    Participant

They did that once before for quite awhile. It must’ve been 20 or 30 years ago.

W7PAT
    Participant

I checked some of the SDR receivers tonight and could hear them mixing with Vancouver, BC on the Weiser, ID Bellingham, and the SDR near Redding, CA.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

KBNP’s nighttime signal strength seems to have diminished to somewhere near where it should be. I could hear it in Beaverton with severe co-channel interference from Vancouver, BC. In Hillsboro, I tried to receive the station using a loop antenna, but I was not able to null out the Vancouver station sufficiently to make that possible.

The daytime signal strength appears to have deteriorated severely. Using an outdoor loop antenna, reception is moderately noisy in Hillsboro. On a car radio, I hear interference even in places where there are no overhead utility lines. Can anybody shed light on the KBNP mystery?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.