KATU 2.4 is coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

I found out that KATU is indeed going to have a 2.4, but probably not until next year. No idea on what they will be programming, but they have the equipment now.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Has anybody else noticed they are running 720p on 2.1 and 2.2?

I also noticed 8.3 (480i) can display full-screen. Why doesn’t 10.2 do that?

superhet
    Participant

Yeah Mr. Kopp I noticed that, too, the 720p on 2.2. It looks pretty great, especially during the commercials when the content is actually HD-ish.

washnotore
    Participant

MeTV Wide Screen Viewing FAQ

http://metv.com/metv-wide-screen-viewing-faq

Not sure what brought the change to 2.2 stream.

According to my TSReader 2.2 is broadcasting 4 Mpbs stream at 720p. Yes it is possiable now to have two 720p streams and two 480i streams. On the same RF channel.

Sinclair’s KATU/KUNP is currently the only stations in Portland. That are now broadcasting four HD streams.

Since College ball is just around the corner. Sinclair’s American Sports Network will once again interrupt Me-TV over the weekends this fall.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, I noticed the better pq on 2.2 and the METV satellite feed is now in HD, but I had not caught that 2.2 was indeed in 720p. Thanks for clarifying. The new technology gives better pq with more subs now. When 3.0 comes into reality, then more can be stacked, and that is the future according to what Sinclair reports. New TVs and tuner boxes will be needed, but they will be plenty of room for more OTA channels. More out on the translators for rural America.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Hopefully, Movies! network

mwdxer1
    Participant

There are a lot of diginet channels Portland does not have. Buzzr would be another good one, running classic B&W game shows like What’s My Line. Yes METV does broadcast on satellite in HD. They may be the only diginet that does so far, so I am happy that KATU has in in HD now.

David
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I noticed “http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php” then find “Portland OR” then you take looking at KATU 2.4 is coming soon, but I do not know which diginet assigns. smile!

Have a good day!
    Have a Best Heart!
    david

mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, I reported it to Rabbit Ears after talking to KATU. I noted 2.2 is also in HD.

washnotore
    Participant

Sinclair Broadcast To Consider Buying Weather Channel From Comcast

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-sinclair-considers-weather-channel-acquisitoin-20160802-story.html

First it was the Tennis Channel. Now Sinclair is looking at buying the Weather Channel from Comcast. It’s starting to look interesting. For the next program options for 2.4 stream.

Programing that no longer works on cable. Might just have found a new home on OTA channel/Stream.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Yawn. I don’t have cable but when I’m somewhere that does, I notice the Weather Channel is almost nonstop commercials. Not like what it was in its early days. Weather Nation is like the old Weather Channel.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I notice that Telemundo, Estrella, Laff and Escape transmit 480i but they manage to fill the screen sometimes. I wonder why OPBPlus doesn’t.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Some diginets seem to broadcast in 4:3 and some in 16:9. I think METV is the only one that is offered to TV stations in HD so far.
    The thought of 24/7 weather, that goes back to the early days of diginets where the station had few choices. Now with so many choices, going with weather 24/7 seems like a total waste of bandwidth.I would think a station would want hour after hour viewing, but weather? Tune in and tune out.

washnotore
    Participant

Sinclair to Pay $9.5 Million for Retransmission Negotiation Violations

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/sinclair-to-pay-9-5-million-for-retransmission-negotiation-violations/175712

In some smaller TV market. Sinclair has a second station that is under a “shell” name.

washnotore
    Participant

Now that diginets are starting to take hold. There are some smaller TV markets that are not being served (ie like Bend).

One such station in Fargo, North Dakota will no longer. Be allowed to show three diginets in that market. It all comes down to size and money.

Dear KRDK-TV viewers,
    We really appreciate all of your feedback. It inspires us to do even more!

The decision to remove H&I, Decades and Movies! was not ours alone. Thus, we encourage you to contact the folks at Weigel Broadcasting

They decided the Fargo, ND region was not important enough to them at this juncture to find a way to continue our relationship.

It’s important your voice is heard since they clearly did not value your loyalty and viewership. Please let them know their abrupt decision has consequences.

As always, we thank you for your continued support and encouragement.

We continue to have 8 channels of great programming and lots in store this fall and beyond!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.