K103 Christmas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

K103 is the first station out of the gate to play Christmas music. I’m surprised that they did so this early, in that no one else has yet. Charlie seems to lose audience by playing Christmas music so maybe they won’t, since they haven’t responded yet. The other reasonable competitor is The Buzz, since it isn’t uncommon for a Hot AC to change and recent rumors have them switching to Soft AC. In any event, I didn’t expect to be the first to mention this.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Started about a week and a half ago. Honestly it’s about a month too early.

IIRC, KKCompleteWasteland have flipped to christmas music this bloody early for ~10 years now, if not longer. This isn’t anything new.

semoochie
    Participant

Really? I switched the bathroom radio to it a few days ago and it was still on format. I’m sure it wasn’t a full week, maybe three or four days. I then noticed it yesterday.

Matt Jones
    Participant

KKCW switched to all Christmas on Thursday, November 7th in PM drive. I don’t know the exact time.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s really strange, Matt! I think it was “Sir Duke”, that I heard. That isn’t considered a Christmas song, is it?

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

They probably left the CD with “Sir Duke” in the changer as filler so they wouldn’t end up with 2 disks of Christmas music plus an empty space until they found the third one.

I don’t know the exact time.

My mother reported hearing the flip around 1330 (2130 GMT) as she was out runing errands.

Still, isn’t Thursday in the early afternoon (on the half-hour, yet) an awfully strange time to do a format flip? Somebody somewhere didn’t program something right.

Matt Jones
    Participant

KKCW doesn’t play “Sir Duke” ever. That song only plays on KLTH in our cluster.

As for the time? Definitely not at 1:30p. We would never do a switch like this in middays. It’s always either AM or PM drive. This year, it was PM drive. I do know it was sometime between 4p and 5p on 11/7.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Matt Jones.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Matt Jones.
    semoochie
    Participant

I’m not doubting anyone’s word. I just wonder how these things happen. I must have confused it with something else but whatever it was, I didn’t acknowledge it as a Christmas song. I might have heard “Sir Duke” on Charlie, when I checked to see if they had switched. This is what happens when you retire and don’t do much driving. Something can happen on the radio and you aren’t aware of it for ten days! In my own defense, no one reported it on this board for that entire time! 🙂

Borderblaster
    Participant

Forget, The Twelve days of Christmas
    (25th of December to the 6th of January)
    Please, Mr. DJ play that all time favorite classic:
    Those negative Forty-nine days of Christmas

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t know when it happened but Charlie is up and running with Christmas music after all, probably Thursday or Friday. Way FM is also on board, as expected.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.