K-XRY 91.1

This topic contains 37 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  wcfl1229 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

Or cheezit crumbs and coke spilled into the consoles.

JdpPdx
    Participant

Not sure if I shared this before… Here is a show I did about working at KPOJ with Thom Hartmann in the years right before Bain Capitol took control of Clear Channel leading up to the 2012 elections with the goal of eliminating progressive talk competition… First it was Green 960 in SF, KPTK in Seattle, and last but not least KPOJ in PDX… I was initially happy and excited about Xray, now I’m indifferent about the goals there… Personally we need more Adam Klugmans, Chris Hedges, and Filter Free Radios than we need establishment partisan bs like Carl Wolfson and the like…. just a thought 🙂 Here is a link to the show on Youtube… https://youtu.be/Esk7Sfwhjvg
    Filter Free Radio – KPOJ Gets Bained!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The KXRY studio tour video has been made private, so I am not able to view it. Can you explain what you saw–that is, did their facilities look unclean or otherwise sloppy? Were people eating in the studio?

Andy Brown
    Participant

No, but what the operations manager said alluded to the fact that some of the KXRY DJ’s are, how shall I say, smelly and sloppy.

No, things looked clean although the emphasis in the DJ booth was not versatility. The console and turntables were spread out and that appears to be all there is. Unlike most control rooms you’ve ever seen, guaranteed. The ops guy spoke about working hard on air flow since the DJ’s had a “funk” of their own.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

This is really disgusting. For most people in our society, taking a daily shower is not a major imposition. How can it be that some people do not have the minimal level of self-respect needed to motivate them to get into the shower at the start of every day?

Many years ago, while volunteering at a university station, I helped the host of the station’s House music program to set up in the production studio so that he could record some promos. This man had a strong odor of fecal matter. He was not a student; the station allowed him to volunteer because it was in desperate need of manpower.

Sometime later, I discussed this experience with a station board member who happened to have some experience in hair care. She asked me, “did he have dreadlocks?” I answered that he did. She said to me that some people with dreadlocks use their own excrement as a conditioner and that it works quite well for this purpose. I vividly recall that I had let this DJ use a pair of station headphones during his recording session. YUCK!!!!

kb101engineer
    Participant

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ KB 101. Nice! Always wanted to see XRAY. Thank you for the tour!

wcfl1229
    Participant

“How can it be that some people do not have the minimal level of self-respect needed to motivate them to get into the shower at the start of every day?”

Well I can’t speak for anyone at xray. Personally, besides avoiding the anxiety attack inducing sight of my own naked body, it’s the same reason my suicide was unsuccessful. I’m an incompetent monster.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.