Just Shoot Me Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

Jeb is “actively exploring” his possible run for 2016. Bush vs. Clinton. Fucking perfect.

http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-actively-explore-run-president-150141837–election.html

duxrule
    Participant

Liz Warren also says that she’s NOT running. (though some aren’t buying it)

Warren says (4 times) she’s not running for president
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/15/politics/warren-denies-president/index.html

jerry1949
    Spectator

Jeb Bush would be a great president. He would do well with the Latino vote since he understands that community and figuratively and literally speaks their languange, though Hillary might counter that with a bad Mexican accent. (Somewhere there is a video of her speaking to a southern audience using a southern accent–how do you spell pandering…)

duxrule
    Participant

Each Bush has been progressively worse. Why should we think that Jeb would be any better than the disasters that preceded him?

Added: It was just pointed out to me that, without a Bush on the ballot, the GOP hasn’t won a national election since 1972. I guess that answers the question as to why they feel it to be necessary to scrape the bottom of that barrel.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Both Bushes were good presidents–I don’t see them as “disaters” as I do our current president. At any rate, do you have brothers and sisters? Do you have ideas of your own that differ from those of parents and siblings? Jeb should be judged by his ideas, record, and the content of his character, and not by the color of his last name.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I don’t see them [Bush Sr. & W] as “disaters” as I do our current president.

Amazing all the little ways I see being used to soften the impact of “W”

Lumping him in with father Bush is a nice trick. Truth is, Bush Sr and W are not even comparable. Yes, W was that bad.

There is help for people unable to see this and deal with it. All you have to do is ask.

Amus
    Participant

The “W” stands for War Criminal.

There is a reason he does not travel outside the US.

Bush is literally a convicted war criminal.

duxrule
    Participant

And as much as “Jer” would like to wish it away, there’s no reason to believe that Jeb would be an improvement over either predecessor.

Vitalogy
    Participant

When I think of Bush, I think of 9/11, Iraq, torture, Katrina, housing bust, financial crisis, Dow 8000, and the Great Recession.

Not many good memories if you ask me.

Amus
    Participant

It’s Spreading: New York Times Calls For Cheney And Bush Officials To Be Indicted For Torture

But the buck doesn’t stop with Cheney and Bush. The editorial also sharply criticizes President Barack Obama for failing “to bring to justice anyone responsible for the torture of terrorism suspects,” during his presidency.

“Starting a criminal investigation is not about payback; it is about ensuring that this never happens again and regaining the moral credibility to rebuke torture by other governments. Because of the Senate’s report, we now know the distance officials in the executive branch went to rationalize, and conceal, the crimes they wanted to commit. The question is whether the nation will stand by and allow the perpetrators of torture to have perpetual immunity for their actions”

missing_kskd
    Participant

I strongly agree with this.

So far, since Nixon, we have not been willing to really check leadership in this way, and I believe it to be a grave mistake.

duxrule
    Participant

Why do you think Dubya and Cheney won’t leave the country?

Meanwhile, Hillary loses a little traction:

Hillary Clinton slips in presidential poll: Was 2014 a bad year for her?
    http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-slips-presidential-poll-2014-bad-her-215214468.html

Notice I said “a little.”

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I suspect it will get worse. Hillary is too much “yesteryear”. The water will get muddied up for Hillary by the squaw from Massachusetts.

edselehr
    Participant

“…the squaw from Massachusetts.”

Deane, you are that uncle that shows up during the holidays and blurts out offensive, racist crap during dinner because it’s the only way he seems capable of communicating – even though he’s probably not consciously racist.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Racist? Why?

He’s just making fun of her bogus claim.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.