John Boehner backs marijuana decriminalization

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things John Boehner backs marijuana decriminalization

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  missing_kskd 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vitalogy
    Participant

Talk about a 180. I wonder what changed his position? Maybe money??

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/john-boehner-backs-marijuana-decriminalization-joins-board-cannabis-company-n865051

John Boehner, the former speaker of the House who reportedly once told a constituent that he was “unalterably opposed to the legalization of marijuana,” announced Wednesday that he is joining the board of a cannabis producer.

“I’m joining the board of #AcreageHoldings because my thinking on cannabis has evolved,” the Ohio Republican said in a tweet. “I’m convinced de-scheduling the drug is needed so we can do research, help our veterans, and reverse the opioid epidemic ravaging our communities.”

Marijuana is still classified by the Drug Enforcement Administration as a Schedule I substance — meaning it’s considered more dangerous than cocaine (Schedule II) or ketamine (Schedule III).

missing_kskd
    Participant

California changed it. Market caps are now huge.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.