Jim Howe, RIP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JBM
    Participant

According to Bob Miller’s Facebook page, long-time KEX news anchor Jim Howe has passed away after a battle with cancer. “Jim was the “newsman’s newsman”, the picture of integrity, the consummate professional, and you couldn’t have a finer friend. Many of the voices you hear on the air today learned their craft from “Joho”. Those of us who worked with him and those who heard his voice for years on KEX will miss him greatly.”

I've just learned that a great man has passed. Jim Howe left us last night after battling cancer. Jim was the "newsman's…

Posted by Bob Miller on Saturday, February 7, 2015

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

A pro’s pro! Miller really nailed it on his Facebook page.

scoooty
    Participant

I did not have the pleasure of working with Jim, but I recall dropping off tapes and resumes over the years. Jim was always gracious and willing to carve a few minutes out of his busy day to chat with me about the radio biz. Jim will be missed.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

All Access reported this:

Longtime KEX News Director Jim Howe Dies

Condolences to family and friends of former KEX-A/PORTLAND News Director JIM HOWE, who died FRIDAY (2/6) after a battle with cancer at 75, according to THE OREGONIAN.

HOWE started at KEX in 1962 and remained there for 39 years until his JUNE 15, 2001 retirement, which was declared JIM HOWE APPRECIATION DAY in OREGON by Gov. JOHN KITZHABER.

Before Jim moved to KEX on January 2, 1962 he began at KCRE Crescent City, CA. Then a move to a Billings Mont. station (unknown) and to KUMA Pendleton.

Craig_Adams
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.