Jeb Bush Openly Admits He's A Fan Of White Supremacy

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Jeb Bush Openly Admits He's A Fan Of White Supremacy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

Wow.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) declared himself to be a fan of controversial social scientist Charles Murray’s books at a forum Thursday in Washington.

Bush lauded Murray’s books on two separate occasions during an interview with National Review editor Rich Lowry, at a forum sponsored by the conservative magazine.

Lowry asked Bush, “… is there any policy or anything public officials can do to help turn back what has been a rising tide of family breakdown crossing decades now?”

“Absolutely, there is,” Bush, a likely 2016 Republican presidential candidate, said. “It’s not exactly the core. My views on this were shaped a lot on this by Charles Murray’s book, except I was reading the book and I was waiting for the last chapter with the really cool solutions — didn’t quite get there.”

Later in the interview, Lowry asked Bush what he likes to read. Again, he cited Murray.

“I like Charles Murray books to be honest with you, which means I’m a total nerd I guess,” Bush said.

Here’s what the Southern Poverty Law Center says about Murray:

According to Murray, disadvantaged groups are disadvantaged because, on average, they cannot compete with white men, who are intellectually, psychologically and morally superior. Murray advocates the total elimination of the welfare state, affirmative action and the Department of Education, arguing that public policy cannot overcome the innate deficiencies that cause unequal social and educational outcomes.

This speaks deeply to the unmitigated racism of the conservative movement. In a sane world, a presidential candidate endorsing a White Supremacist would be the immediate end of their bid for the White House. It would be like a Democratic candidate endorsing Louis Farrakhan.

missing_kskd
    Participant

The crazies are all centering in on one party. That’s actually kind of nuts, and in the open!

Well, maybe being more in the open is good. Might make the choice clear.

Not that we’ve got really awesome choices, but we do have better and worse ones, and stuff like this makes which is which kind of obvious.

missing_kskd
    Participant
    paulwalker
    Participant

Like his brother, he probably lacks some basic understanding. I wouldn’t call him a racist because of this, but just uneducated, or unedgeukated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.