It's time for Bernie to admit he can't win

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things It's time for Bernie to admit he can't win

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Langston
    Participant

FOX News? Nuff said.

duxrule
    Participant

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss this out of hand.

missing_kskd
    Participant

FOX isn’t the only place beginning to air that commentary.

You will see more leading up to the convention.

Next week we get Dom dyst on the FBI mess. I’m hoping for good news for Hilary. Dems do not need bad news. I’m not anti Clinton at all.

This can be our year. I want and need it to be too.

Biden has it about right.

Sanders will support Clinton. Count on it. Getting there will involve a rough dialog in Philly. She will need to run some ideas Bernie has to get that support, and that is good for everyone.

Those ideas are where a ton of the votes she needs are.

Just remember, Sanders has a longer game in play. Running the race isn’t just for kicks, or money, or false hope. He won’t want a deal, or trophy position. Won’t need to retire debt or anything like that either.

That game will benefit ordinary people too.

missing_kskd
    Participant

This is rational too. People are paying their own way in an open democracy.

As designed and intended.

duxrule
    Participant

BTW, Bernie has already said that he could be open to the Veep spot, just a few days ago:

Sanders leaves door open to being Clinton’s VP

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-vice-president/

missing_kskd
    Participant

Oh wow! I missed that one.

Honestly, that is pretty big news. Now, I’ve got to reevaluate some of what I understand about Bernie.

Thanks for that!

Bernie is a wise, very subtle player. Just when I think I really have a handle on him, something like this pops up. Been a lot of fun to learn from and understand someone with depth.

Honestly, Obama has been similar in this respect. It took a while to really grok Obama. The same is going to be true for Sanders.

Said he will talk about it after the convention.

This makes all kinds of sense actually. If Clinton is open to some of the agenda, that opens the door for Bernie to advance that agenda and for supporters to buy in and strengthen the party. I also am confident his primary goal is the agenda. He’s done nothing at all, said nothing at all to indicate otherwise.

A pre commit would be giving up leverage. He’s holding cards to maximize the convention discussion. That’s true Bernie.

radiodork
    Spectator

Sanders might support Clinton in the end, but how many of his followers will support Clinton? I’m guessing not a lot. If you think bernies supporters will all vote for Hillary, you are greatly mistaken.

Vitalogy
    Participant

A grand majority of them will, otherwise they never really supported Bernie since Bernie and Clinton agree on just about everything.

First Read: The Democratic Race Isn’t as Close as You Think It Is.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/first-read-democratic-race-isn-t-close-you-think-it-n576716

missing_kskd
    Participant

It’s not about that. Sanders would frame it that way, and mean it.

But there is no way he’s giving up on the movement part of this, and the anti Clinton supporters will be all over it.

It’s on Clinton to get those votes.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/sanders-camp-flirts-with-going-full-burn-it-down

They’re helping Trump. Period.

Denial just ain’t a river in Egypt.

missing_kskd
    Participant

No. More in a bit.

The dynamics here are more complex than that.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

So you keep saying. I simply don’t find the explanation/rationale particularly persuasive. 🙂

XOXO

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

S

missing_kskd
    Participant

🙂

Soon. Because life.

missing_kskd
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.