It’s beginning to look like Christmas…..

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio It’s beginning to look like Christmas…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    e_dawg
    Participant

K103 started playing Christmas this morning 11/5/2020 8:30am. It seems Christmas music format getting early this year.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I’ve put up our Christmas tree. My daughter was in town so I did it while I had her help.

semoochie
    Participant

If it’s real, I don’t see how it last until anytime near Christmas!

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

So far, it’s lasted 16 years.

semoochie
    Participant

I see that I left out a word.(puzzled emoji)For a minute, I thought that you thought that I meant K103 playing Christmas music but this is their 20th year.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yesterday, I saw a TV commercial announcing a Black Friday sale today. It seems as though not that long ago, Black Friday was the day following Thanksgiving. I was left wondering, are merchants taking advantage of the stress that people are feeling over the Presidential election and COVID by offering them the chance to self-administer some “retail therapy?”

Chico
    Participant

Not so much “taking advantage” so much as doing what they can to survive, don’t you think?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Perhaps, that was a bad choice of words on my part. I do stand by the portion of the statement that in our culture, a significant part of the population shops as a stress-relief mechanism.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m confused by K103’s pronouncement of it being their 20th anniversary, playing Christmas music: My first thought was that they meant to say that it was their 20th year but then got to thinking that as I recall, KLTH, then K103’s direct competitor, switched to All Christmas, as some stations did, in the aftermath of the 911 disaster which much to everyone’s surprise garnered great ratings and began an American tradition! The next year, K103 put on their version and sometime later, Clear Channel had purchased KLTH and switched it to Classic Hits. By this reasoning, it’s only K103’s 19th year or 18th anniversary!

glennwood5
    Participant

KMGE, 94.5 Eugene also started with the Christmas music this week.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

This year, the all-Christmas programming will facilitate iHeart corporate putting coal in the stockings of some of its employees, including at least one KKCW person (see https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/i-heart-layoffs-hit-pdx-and-everywhere-i-suppose/ ).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.