It's About to Get Real

This topic contains 38 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lastday 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

We’re halfway through Week 2. Has it gotten real for Democrats yet? Was that Tuesday circus-themed reality show of a meeting between Trump, Pelosi and Schumer where it got real?

lastday
    Participant

We’re into Week 3 of Herb’s prediction. Has it gotten real for Democrats yet? Maybe that court ruling declaring Obamacare unconstitutional (as a result of the individual mandate being dropped by Trump & Friends) is it?

semoochie
    Participant

We’re looking at at least six investigations into Trump, so this should get very real soon! It’s the ones that involve the Trump children that will probably turn things around. Will he throw them under the bus to save his own skin and if so, how will their mother, Ivana respond?

chickenjuggler
    Participant

Hey, I heard that I should expect things to be getting real. I’m totally ready for that.

Any time now please.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Real Don Steele

bookemdono
    Participant

6? More like 17 current investigations into trump’s activities. Remember when there were 17 investigations of Obama? Me neither.

Lock him up!

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  bookemdono.

Andrew
    Participant

Hard to keep track of all the Trump investigations! It may now be easier to keep track of what ISN’T being investigated about the president!

semoochie
    Participant

There are 17 investigations circling around him but six are aimed straight at him, the Mueller investigation, Trump tower meeting, Trump Foundation, Trump Organization, Trump Inauguration and the Cohen payments to various women! Add to that the upcoming House investigations.

edselehr
    Participant

Hey, ChickenJuggler Is back! Way too long!

So, Herb (aka member of the “Q” crew)…you started this thread two weeks ago. How’s it going for those Democrats? What about the Republicans? What about Donald?

You’re so good about giving us status updates when Democrats are struggling politically, so…?

semoochie
    Participant

edselehr
    Participant

All of Trump’s foundations seem to be crumbling.

radiogeek
    Participant

What’s astonishing to me at this moment is the weight of the actual criminal acts that have come to light both by Trump himself, his family, his trusted inner circle.

This time round, we’re not investigating if the POTUS ignored US law to circumvent the intent of Congress (Iran Contra) or if there was obstruction of justice for a political crime (Watergate). Instead, the principal parties of this administration have outright lied to the FBI, Congress and others under oath, taken money from charities for personal and political use, and deliberately and knowingly violated election finance laws.

And if the criminal acts of this administration aren’t enough, the POTUS appoints a non confirmed lackey to be the highest law enforcement official in the land, and calls people who decide to tell the truth “Rats”.

If Trump serves no time in prison when this is all over, shame on the USA.

Andrew
    Participant

Whether or not Trump is prosecuted will depend in part on whether he is pardoned (or attempts to pardon himself). He could in theory resign the day before his term ends and President Pence could pardon him on the way out – and he wouldn’t see a day of jail time for federal crimes. (State crimes might be a different story, but that could be tested in court.)

edselehr
    Participant

Chris Matthews on MSNBC posits the idea of Trump stepping down as part of a deal to protect his children from prosecution. Interesting idea.

Andrew, I know you disagree, but I maintain that in TrumpWorld, there is something more precious to him that the presidency, and if that thing is threatened, he will resign the presidency to protect it. I think that thing has to do with money, and a lot of it.

Makes me wonder if the entire Trump Empire is built on promissory notes written to Putin and other eastern oligarchs?

Andrew
    Participant

Can you explain why any prosecutor would make a deal with Trump not to prosecute his kids in exchange for resigning? Sorry, I don’t get it. How is that punishment?

And why would any future justice department be held to such a “deal?” Couldn’t the new Attorney General under a Democrat just turn around and start investigating his kids again?

Sorry – I have heard a number of people mention this “resigning” theory but doesn’t make any logical sense to me. The only thing that protects Trump’s kids is a presidential pardon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.