It's About to Get Real

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  edselehr 8 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Herb
    Participant

Let’s just say starting this week, things are likely to be less than delightful for Democrats and their friends.

The narrative is changing.

Andrew
    Participant

Herb, are you going to the Orange County Republican Convention next week? I think they’ve reserved a phone booth in the lobby of the Marriott – should be big enough for everyone. If not, they can move to the men’s room. Yes, look out Democrats, LOL!!

lastday
    Participant

Is that because the Mueller report will not charge Trump with collusion? I speculated on that several months ago. There will probably be no smoking gun, just some other incidental indictments. The media will obsess over that for a couple days. Trump will claim vindication.

Stupidity, Infantilism, Boorish Behavior 2020. Winning!

Andy Brown
    Participant

“The narrative is changing.”

No. Clearly it’s not changing at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/01/mueller-investigation-manafort-cohen-trump-russia

Andrew
    Participant

I’m not counting on Trump being charged with anything. Even if he was…what difference would it make? Republicans would spin it as a “Democrat political stunt.” House Democrats might impeach (might?) but perhaps not. Even if they did, good luck finding 20 Republican senators to vote to convict.

Trump needs to be defeated at the ballot box in 2020. Then he can join those Republican ex-Congressmen who used to represent Orange County in the dustbin of history.

edselehr
    Participant

I do wonder what level of personal exposure Trump will tolerate, and what might prompt him to simply step down? It is clear that there are certain facts Trump absolutely does *not* want revealed…might he step down to keep those facts sealed and out of the public sphere?

Andrew
    Participant

I am pretty sure that resigning is not in Trump’s nature. I think he’d drag the country down before he’d resign.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m not worried about Trump dragging the country down. I’m worried about him selling us to the highest bidder!

edselehr
    Participant

OMFG, I just figured it out: Herb is a QAnon conspiracist!
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-is-qanon-the-craziest-theory-of-the-trump-era-explained

Chris_taylor
    Participant

Gotta love Herb’s optimism.

Court filings on Mike Flynn and how he has helped the Mueller investigation came down tonight. Flynn has been a very helpful witness for the government. So much so, he may not get jail time. He still could, but Mueller is asking for none. The judge will have the final say.

Not everything in the filings was shared. Due to other ongoing investigations that Flynn has been helpful with the special council.

Flynn has been singing…a lot. And because he did, others followed.

I’m not sure what narrative Herb is hoping for at this point. Mueller is not done yet. But I do agree, Trump may not get touched, impeached or resign, but the outcome of more indictments and guilty pleas, may add up significantly, and weaken Trump. Flynn was compromised by the Russians, that much is true. Who else?

Oh, and if the economy tanks…2020 will look very interesting.

lastday
    Participant

Is it real yet?

I guess technically the week isn’t over.

bookemdono
    Participant

It’s real to some, fake to others.

semoochie
    Participant

It seems that Trump’s own justice department is saying he committed a felony! That’s pretty “real”.

lastday
    Participant

I’m struggling to figure out what exactly became less delightful for Democrats this week, given that all the unfavorable political & financial news (including the fall of the markets due to loss of investor confidence) is directly or indirectly attributable to the words and actions of dear dotard. Oops, I mean Tariff Man.

semoochie
    Participant

Tariffraff Man!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  semoochie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.