Isis Meting Out Punishment to Gay Men

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

VIDEO

This is pure evil.

Sure, they’ll buy guns legally if they can, but they’ll laugh at gun control laws because they are not “evil control” laws. They’ll procure the weapons they need.

“Yes, there is a war between religious fundamentalism and the spirit of love and tolerance. But we progressives here in America still labor under the delusion that the religion we need to combat is Christianity. But that’s a strawman opponent, and has been so for decades.

“Since the 1990s, Christian extremists have essentially lost all their power, and are now toothless nonplayers in the ‘culture wars.’ Meanwhile, Muslim extremists, with guns, murder us, and on the left our only response is to bleat about ‘Islamophobia’ and jump through hoops trying to explain away the self-evident religious motivation for the killings,” of gays.

“Oh sure, all year I’ve been playing the ‘Bernie or Hillary?’ game with all the other default-Democrats in my social and professional circles. But this is no longer some kind of game. Our lives are on the line. Although I voted for Hillary in the primary, I now cringe inwardly with shame and embarrassment at having done so, and in November I will vote for Trump.

“Why? Yes, I know that Trump is an a**hole, Trump is a clown, Trump is a motormouth buffoon. You don’t have to convince me of that. But he’s also the only person saying anything about putting the brakes on Islamic extremism, and in light of what happened last night in Orlando, suddenly that is the only issue that really matters when it comes to the health, well-being and safety of the q**** community.” Look, I know we can’t say the word, they can. I’m reading it.

Complete Article As Read by Rush Limbaugh

Vitalogy
    Participant

More so-called Christians murder Americans than terrorists do. Fact.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Many Christian faiths are actively hostile to homosexuality and spread fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hatred at every turn. In extreme but no less factually accurate cases, “Christian” organizations here in the United States have taken an active role in supporting governments in other countries seeking to both outlaw and criminal homosexuality. It’s quite the glass house.

Such faith based belief systems in turn give succor and support to all manner of disgusting behavior. Ranging from bullying to discrimination and up to and including actual murder.

The Republican party is actively hostile to LGBT rights, has opposed equal protection under the law, has vigorously opposed marriage equality, and has been in a full blown ignorance driven trans phobic panic for months at a state level which in turn has manifested itself in any number of discriminatory (and likely both impossible to enforce and unconstitutional) legislative actions.

Anything other than an out and out repudiation without qualification of all such actions is simply a cowardly form of support. You own it.

Which brings us back to the appeal of bigots to Donald Trump and the Republican Party.

“I love that he says what he means” and “He’s not politically correct, he’s not afraid to speak out”, are just coded expressions for saying, in essence, “Ah, finally! Someone who’s also a bigoted and ignorant clod that I can publically support”. It’s not at all coincidental that dozens of white power organizations, whom also are famously hate driven with special attention dedicated to gay bashing, have thrown their support behind Donald Trump as well.

While I can appreciate that’s it awkward, uncomfortable, and is likely angering, to be constantly accused of possessing racist, bigoted, and profoundly ignorant there’s a simple solution. Quit being a bigoted homophobe. Quit supporting institutions that espouse bigotry. Quit supporting political candidates who’s every utterance simply reinforces the blatantly obvious fact he’s a racist, bigoted, ignorant, fear mongering, demagogue.

Or, don’t.

You’re not fooling anyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.