Is Daystar's KGWZ lease expiring?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Is Daystar's KGWZ lease expiring?

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Jbpdx
    Participant

We’re stuck with it at least another month. I wonder if the companies would reveal to the public when the deal ends.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Seems to me that this information would be in the station’s public file, which, by FCC regs, is supposed to be on their website. The lease agreement should be in the KGW/KGWZ file, shouldn’t it?

By the way, on a related note, the blog at RabbitEars reports that TBN co-founder Jan Crouch died on 31 May this year. (The RE blog is back up after being offline for several weeks.)

Jbpdx
    Participant

Daystar is off KGWZ as of today. The channel is showing a static announcement: “Daystar programming is now available on KPXG 42.1”

Maybe we’ll know something soon about what’s coming to this channel.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Can you make a vidcap or a videoclip of that? Now that Daystar appears to have completed the transition off KGWZ, I assume that KGW is now free to program KGWZ however they would like. Let the speculation begin! How many streams will they have? I’d guess 4, maybe 5. Lots of possible candidates. And how many will Comcast take?

Jbpdx
    Participant

photo image_zpsm2halarg.jpeg

washnotore
    Participant

Titan TV has removed KGWZ-LD from there listings. Zap 2 It and TV Guilde have yet the make there changes.

msndrspdx
    Participant

The change at KGWZ still has yet to be reflected in the listings at RabbitEars. No mention of this on KGW’s Facebook page, which has been promoting the new TD Jakes Show due to start on 12 September, plus lots of Olympic hype from NBC.

Jbpdx
    Participant

KGWZ is now showing a live shot of downtown Portland and the West Hills. And a crappy cloudy sky. No audio.

msndrspdx
    Participant

RabbitEars is now listing KGWZ 46.1 as “blank.” No mention of the Skycam shot, which I assume is still on-air. Wonder what KGW is prepping KGWZ for?

washnotore
    Participant

Word of God Fellowship/Daystar sold a low power station in Omaha, Neb for $250,000. The agreement includes a provision allowing Daystar to continue running its programming on subchannel at a rate of $1,000 per year.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

RabbitEars is now listing KGWZ 46.1 as “blank.” No mention of the Skycam shot, which I assume is still on-air. Wonder what KGW is prepping KGWZ for?

The Master of Disaster can confirm there is a live picture of Downtown Portland from possibly the Olympic Mills building, and a banner near the bottom stating “KGWZ-LD PORTLAND”.

If the owning company isn’t promoting the channel, it wouldn’t be surprising if this is nothing more than the digital TV equivalent of those partitions at empty mall storefronts.

Jbpdx
    Participant

Using the skyline cam as a placeholder until they decide which diginet(s) to add. Some of the Tegna stations carry WeatherNation. I could see them move Estrella to 46.1 and put weather on 8.3.

msndrspdx
    Participant

That might make sense. Justice Nerwork doesn’t draw flies. Moving it over to 46 would give KGW room to add something else on Ch. 8. Lots of other possibilities for KGWZ, too. Buzzer picked up a station in Boise earlier this summer. Movies would be a good choice. Heartland (formerly TNN/Heartland) is out there. NBC owned Telemundo might be in the running. (Ch. 22 has it on one of their streams. That could be the Salem station and KGWZ might be Portland’s.) And here’s a wild idea: pick up KISN and run it on 8.95 or 46.95, outputting on 95.1! KOPB carries OPB-FM on 10.3; it’s carried on all their repeaters and many cable systems downstate run it. Charter in Lincoln City, for example. With EMF holding on to all the FM translators in town, getting a space on a digital TV stream might make sense for them. (KISN, by the way, expects to get back to online streaming by the end of the year. That from KISN’s Facebook page over the 9/11 weekend.)

Is KGWZ playing the Skycam video with no sound? A loop of Ventures music would be nice. 😉

Master of Disaster
    Participant

That is correct, no sound on KGWZ-LD as far as I can tell.

e_dawg
    Participant

Could Tenga use KGWZ-LP as an independent TV stations like their sister station KONG 16 in Seattle? They could add some syndication program that’s isn’t available in the PDX market or more suitable time like the Steve Harvey Show which shows in the wee hours in the morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.