Is Antenna TV moving to KOIN?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

A friend called me the other evening as he heard Jeff Gianola on the KOIN evening news say something about Antenna TV will on KOIN. I checked the 11 PM news and no mention. Is KOIN planning on moving Antenna TV over, or was he referring to the stack that will come next month? True, if KOIN moved Bounce and put Antenna TV in place, with both Get TV and Antenna TV, that would be a great pair. After all Nexstar owns both stations, 6 & 32. As far as I know, Bounce is still on KPDX, so why duplicate? I know KOIN got some complaints when Decades was dropped as it is a popular Classic TV channel.

washnotore
    Participant

During KOIN TV ownership shuffle a few years ago. Tillimook, Prineville and The Dalles. Lost there KOIN translator coverage. Now with channel stacking occurring soon. Maybe some of those KPDX translators can convert to KOIN.

mwdxer1
    Participant

According to sources like here, Northern Coast, we should be getting 25 OTA offerings, from the current 16, that is if KPTV transmits their regular OTA signal, like 2,6,8,and 10 do. Now we have that 12/49 mux, and no sub channels from either.

washnotore
    Participant

I got to thinking. KRCW streams are going to be divided between RF channels 24 and 25. So it would make sense to label 32.1 PSIP to host station KATU on RF 24. And just relabel the remaining virtual 32.X subchannels. As 6.X sub channels on KOIN.

I believe the same should hold true for KPDX virtual channels. Expect KPDX 49.1 will be relabeled to 12.2 instead. Being that it is consider Fox 12 Plus. All remaining KPDX subchannels expect for one. Will be hosted as subchannels on KGW.

mwdxer1
    Participant

There have been times, the diplexer stopped working and here on the North Coast, the 12/49 mux is changed to 12.1/12.2/12.3, so it should be a easy job to switch off the dyplewer when the stacking begins. I’ll bet Jeff Gianola was referring to the stacking, as KOIN has been very quiet about announcing anything as yet. In fact I have not seen any crawlers, but of course it is still over a month away. I would guess, that the stacking will start before the 28th, but only a guess. Hopefully there will be no more delays. But who knows, with the upsurge of COVID cases in Oregon and yesterday Gov. Brown called a Yellow alert. Most of the new cases were in Lincoln County with the Seafood Plant, but at this time, who knows?

mwdxer1
    Participant

Jeff Gianola mentioned Antenna TV again on the news but referred it to 32, so I don’t know if it was slip up the first time, or what. But apparently no mention of anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.